“Echo Valley Cabins”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rapid City
BackRoads Inn & Cabins
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed in the Ingresol Cabin Echo Valley location. Excellent location, beautiful 2 bedroom cabin, large livingroom, great sun porch for family dining and playing games.Kitchen is small but don't let that fool you. There was plenty of counter space, full size frig. and apartment size stove worked out fantastic for preparing our evening meals with other family members staying in other cabins. Our cabin was the gathering hub for the 15 of us traveling together. The Echo Valley cabins are centrally located within the Black Hills for many attractions. Really cannot say enough about The BackRoads Inn and Cabins and the owners but AWESOME in all respects. Plan on going back in 2 years! I also highly recommend renting ATVs down in Custer at Custer's Gulch Campgroup....you will have the time of your life!!!!! We sure did!!!!

Room Tip: All cabins are wonderful....pick one to fit your needs!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BriggsFamily2013

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Mountainview Suite for 3 nights and found our cabin to be quiet, clean and well stocked. We had everything we needed and it was great to come back to relax after long days of sightseeing. Such a lovely spot in the woods and close to all the sights.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I, 5 people altogether stayed in one of the cabins for one night and it was absolutely an amazing and unique experience. We arrived in snow, but the cabin was fast enough to warm up. We cooked dinner and had a wonderful time. The cabin is really cute and comfortable, quiet in the woods, and when we woke up the next morning, outside was covered with snow, beautiful view. I will definitely come back and stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jess Z
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our second stay here, though each time a different cabin. The first, I think two years ago, was on Silver Mt Rd, and was a perfect time, and place, for the two of us; we would definitely be back. This time it was at Echo Valley Rd., booking at the last minute and not being able to get the original desired cabin. But, it was what we desired and we were thankful we were able to book, period. When we arrived we were pleased. It was peaceful, and yet well located for getting out and about in the Hills. The décor was home-like and comforting, and the kitchen and bathroom well stocked. We enjoyed grilling, intimate dinners, games of chess, and s'mores around our personal fire pit. (s'more fixin's complimentary as well as chess board) How fun! The only disappointment was in the comfort of the bed/s. Having major back issues, I didn't fare well this time. The first cabin we stayed in wasn't like this; that bed was perfect. Otherwise, all else was super. Even though this was 'our get-away for two', we talked of how our kids would have enjoyed it. A great place for couples, or family, and we are looking forward to another stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MES42812
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My family stayed at the BackRoads Inn and Cabins a week ago. It was perfect. We could not have asked for anything better. Definitely family friendly with a great cabin with everything we needed furnished for us, gas grill and fit pit, and beautiful scenery. We will definitely be going back for another visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We chose this place because it was pet friendly, and close to everything. Evan was very nice, and tho we arrived early, he let us into our cabin in short order.
One of our dogs destroyed a window blind in our cabin, and tho I told the owners about it right away, and gave them cash to cover it, they made us not feel welcome from then on. we requested wood to burn.. and never got it. we were sitting in front of our cabin one day & heard gun shots.. Evan was shooting squirrels near our cabin, as he explained "they drop pine cones"
Watching the squirrels run around our cabin was one of the highlights of our trip, and I bought nuts in hill city to feed them...seeing evan throwing one of them in the dumpster really bummed me out. I guess I shouldn't have fed them. its a nice place, but ill be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank millereal61
Evan h, Owner at BackRoads Inn & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. We really appreciated how quickly you came to us with money for the damaged blinds and in no way meant to not make you feel welcomed. I thought I did everything I could to treat you and your 5 Chihuahuas as our guests. Unfortunately, managing the squirrel population is a necessity when living in the woods, as they can cause damage to both structures and vehicle. I had no idea that you were on the property; otherwise, I would have never dealt with that issue then. Thanks for leaving the following note in the cabin after you left:
"Thanks Evan. We had a great time! The Black Hills are Awesome! You guys run a class 'A' place! We will be back! God Bless."

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was our second stay on this property, this time in Silver Mountain #1. The setting is tranquil, relaxing and comfortable. There is space between cabins and the property is kept very clean. The cabin is well equipped and each one has an outdoor grill. I think cooking a major meal indoors would be a challenge. Great to sit outside eating breakfast or in the evening relaxing with a drink and just enjoying the peace of the beautiful surroundings. It serves as a great location for seeing all the attractions of the Black Hills area. While we were there a number of other guests just seemed to be staying overnight. This is not an overnight quick stopover spot you need to spend some days here enjoying the campsite and the surrounding area. Saw some other cabin rental properties close by the freeway with cabins stuck next to each other. BackRoads is not inexpensive but the location, quality and peacefulness make it well worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 25 in Rapid City
Powder House Lodge
Powder House Lodge
#1 of 9 in Keystone

Been to BackRoads Inn & Cabins? Share your experiences!