All reviews free laundry pizza ranch request housekeeping pet owners sitting area sofa bed nice size full size refrigerator newer hotel black hills breakfast burrito breakfast staff would stay again the breakfast area fire pit staff was friendly stayed here for nights
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

Our family of 4 decided to try out Staybridge while passing through on the way home to Wisconsin. An inducement was Staybridge is under the Holiday Inn group so we could use our points. Yet, due to the very reasonable price for the night, we didn’t need to do that.

We were blown away the minute we entered the suite, which included a full size refrigerator along with a large kitchen cupboard with glass doors, and mini sink, etc. The icing on the cake was how new everything was and how pleasing everything was to the eye with attention to detail. The bathroom vanity was separate from the toilet and shower, plus the small sofa bed in the corner was ideal for our use. My husband raved about the towels and the comfort of the bed and the pillows. I took a photo of the modern mirror with light behind it as an idea for our pending bath remodel.

I admit we made reservations for the wrong night which made us a ‘no show’ the night before we were to arrive. We quickly called while driving toward Rapid City, assuming we were going to have to pay for 2 nights, but they graciously cancelled the cost of that ‘missed’ night for us.

This was a very pleasant experience and we now plan to stay at Staybridge whenever we can during all future road trips.

Trip type: Traveled with family
predder, Manager at Staybridge Suites Rapid City Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2019

How fantastic to hear that the Staybridge Suites Rapid City impressed your family! Our team gets so excited to hear when they have made a memorable impact on our guests!

Our apartment style rooms do make it so easy for our guests to spread out, relax and get some space after a long day of travelling!

We hope you made it home safe and best wishes for an awesome new year!

Reviewed January 1, 2019

The rooms were very spacious and the lobby and breakfast area was large and very well lit and freshly decorated. The staff was friendly and the front desk attendant Julie was very welcoming when I checked in. If all Staybridge Suites are this nice, I will begin using them more often in my travels.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
predder, Manager at Staybridge Suites Rapid City Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

With our apartment style rooms, our guests can feel at home in a cozy atmosphere! Our team is diligent to ensure that we provide exemplary service and that we exceed our guest expectations!

Happy New Year!

Kindly,

Reviewed December 24, 2018

As a long time IHG member with Spire Elite status, I look for a Staybridge Suites property wherever I travel - and I travel year-round. For me, Staybridge Suites has the right balance of an upscale property intended for extended stays with great amenities without being too pricey.

The Staybridge Suites in Rapid City is the first Staybridge property I have stayed at that refused to negotiate with me for a better rate for an extended stay. I reserved a room for 30 days and asked for a better rate in return for an additional 20 days stay. The manager refused stating she couldn’t offer me a better rate. I was a bit taken aback by this but I realized there was no rule or law that says they have to give a guest a better rate so I dropped the matter.

Upon checkout, I found that my bill had errors. I actually had two bills - one for the first 30 days and one for the next 20 days. I have no idea why I had two bills for a single 50 day stay. This led to a refusal by the manager to refund the taxes for the second 20 day stay (Non-transient stays are defined by law as rent and not temporary lodging so taxes are not charged). In addition, not all the taxes for the first 30 day stay were refunded. I notified the clerk of these errors who referred it to the same manager. She refused to rectify the problem upon checkout stating she couldn't do anything about it. I had a long drive ahead of me with an appointment and couldn’t remain very long to argue my bill. I stated my case to the manager and was advised that I would receive a phone call later that day with the results of her investigation into the matter. That was a phone call I never received. I later called and emailed the property. I finally resorted to notifying IHG account services about the matter and after a week or so all the billing errors were resolved and the overcharges were credited to my charge account.

An error is one thing - we all make them. But coupled with the refusal to recognize the billing errors and to correct them, no follow-up communication, and the refusal to negotiate a better rate upon check-in has all left a bitter taste in my mouth re this property. I spend about three months every year in Rapid City and was excited when the Staybridge property opened earlier this year. Prior to their opening I stayed at the Mainstay Suites about two miles away. I will be returning to the Mainstay Suites for my future stays.

Aside from my billing problems, there were no other serious issues although the pool was inexplicably closed about half the time I was there (I use the pool for hydro-therapy exercise) and the evening social usually ran out of food by 6:30 pm (It’s advertised from 5:30 to 7:30). But otherwise the property still has that ‘new’ look and feel.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
bilysitch1, Manager at Staybridge Suites Rapid City Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2018

Hello -

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed account of your experience at the Staybridge Suites Rapid City and I'm sorry to hear that your time with us was scarred so heavily by your billing issues.

I've learned that sometimes it's just better to not always expect everyone to understand every nuance of every business and simply let the desire to explain something go.

I am glad that we were able to resolve your billing issues and wish you nothing but the best wherever your future travels take you.

Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 19, 2018

My husband and I stayed three nights while on business travel. We were greeted by a very helpful young man (Zak) who gave us a quick review of the hotel’s amenities. Our King room was on the third floor and was a very nice size with an open floor plan. The kitchen area had a small peninsula, full size refrigerator, small two-burner stovetop, microwave and dishwasher. Pots and pans, cookware and utensils were sufficient. However, the addition of a few storage containers would be very helpful!

The bathroom was a nice size, too, and included a closet.

A complimentary breakfast and dinner hour social is a nice touch. Both had above average offerings with something for everyone. The social hour runs two hours and includes free wine or beer. This is available Mon-Wed only. I must compliment the food service staff on their friendliness and efficiency. Bravo!

Another nice perk is the free laundry area! We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank LakeshoreLady
bilysitch1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Rapid City Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2018

You have done a fantastic job of highlighting all of the wonderful things about our hotel! From our warm and inviting team members, to our high level of cleanliness - we work hard to make sure everyone is welcome and taken care of!

Merry Christmas!

Merrily,

Reviewed December 9, 2018

This hotel is really new and has everything you couple possible need or want. It is located in and area where you can get to all the major sites very quickly. The breakfast in the morning is really good and what make it even better is the kitchen crew who works here. You will notice that they care more than anyone here that you are take care of to you likes. The gym is really good and the food for purchase is well priced, not surprise at the hotel. My only downside would be that they could teach their front desk to smile a little, maybe give them a raise!

Room tip: Get the Deluxe room with breakfast you will be glad you did
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
bilysitch1, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Rapid City Rushmore, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

How wonderful to hear that the new Staybridge Suites Rapid City knocked your socks off! With our convenient location next to the Rushmore Crossing Shopping Center and within minutes of all of the Black Hills attractions, everything is at your fingertips!

Our bountiful breakfast offers a great start to your day and our team so enjoys interacting with guests and hearing about your time in the area. And we will certainly speak with our front desk team - we always look for ways to be even better!

Happy Holidays!