“Not as good as touted in these reviews”
Review of Philly Ted's

Philly Ted's
Ranked #18 of 284 Restaurants in Rapid City
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

Everything is an ad on and nothing like Philly! Asked for plain Swiss and got there messy cheese sauce anyhow. Not a person to take my food back to make kitchen staff angry...just put it on my "not next time" list! Many other options on same block.

Josh A, General Manager at Philly Ted's, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2017

i'm sorry for your bad experience we would have been more than happy to make it right for you. we strive to make the customer happy and get them what they ordered. if you would like to stop in again and ask for a manager i will assure you they will get you taken care of.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

We ate here 7/22/17 while staying in town.

Ordered a Philly cheesesteak and onion rings.
I could only eat a couple bites of the sandwich.
Cheese was literally Cheese Whiz, and it made the sandwich horribly salty and so gloppy it was falling apart from excessive moisture. Bleah.

Onion rings were really good! More of a beer-batter type coating, fried until they're crispy - not soggy.

If it weren't for the onion rings, I would have given this place a 1 rating instead of a 2.

Won't be going back to this one again.

im sorry for your experience. Cheezwhiz is the true way to make a philly cheezsteak we do have other options for cheese that we will be more than happy to substitute for cheezwhiz. If your willing to give us another chance i'm sure we can get you the food you deserve just stop in and ask to talk with a manager and we will take care of you.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

It's not good at all, and just thrown together with an overrated amount of cheese that makes the sandwich soggy. Try actually caring for what you serve to guest. Just my picture and other reviewers pictures show lack of attempt for a good sandwich that Philly Ted use to be known for..

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We were starving for a good sandwich and got a sad excuse for one. There were three of us at the downtown location and I wouldn't go back. I hate to slam a place with such a cool interior design and beer on tap but we were not impressed with the food. Sorry.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

The food was average. But the flies were ridiculous. Buzzing around trying to land on the food, table, me,etc. It was disgusting and a huge turn off. Didn't finish the cheese steak and won't return. Maybe after hours someone could get a fly swatter and resolve the problem. Counted 7 just near me.