“Best you'll get this far west!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Philly Ted's

Philly Ted's
Ranked #25 of 264 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout
Gillette, Wyoming
“Best you'll get this far west!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Having lived in Philly and the Philly area for several years, I know a bit about cheesesteaks. This is about as good as you're going to get anywhere out of the area. The steak itself is pretty close to the better places in Philly. The rolls, while good, aren't really up to par compared to the ones from the old school Italian bakeries in Philly. However, don't let that deter you. This really is a good steak. Better than some of the tourist traps in Philly, even.

• Visited November 2013

“First Philly cheesesteak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Only visited once due to a very brief visit to rapid city, had the packer which was lovely, stuffed fully of steak and cheese, really tasty, small shop front and seating for maybe a dozen or so, most people were ordering take outs, 17 dollars for 2 subs and 2 drinks. Happily go back to try more

Cumming, Georgia, United States
“I hate to give it a "four"-- but I gotta.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ate at Philly Ted's after reading all of the great reviews. If you're a Philly Cheese steak lover, ignore my review-- please!

Obviously my wife and I just don't "get it." We're from Atlanta, and have had some great meals in our day-- but I'm sorry, while the Philly cheese steak we each had was "very good", I just can't give this place five stars.

The pros: service was great. Friendly staff, went out of their way to help us pick out what we wanted. About 3/4 of their business that night was take out, but we were able to easily place our order and have a seat... and they brought us our food. The food-- very good. I've been told by reading the other reviews that these guys make a really good sandwich, but I just can't see it.

The cons: three or four tables, zero atmosphere. Traffic comes and goes around you. Food was very good, but not stellar-- I've actually had a better Philly steak and cheese in Baltimore (there, I said it..).

We visited this restaurant because it was the number one rating.... and were somewhat disappointed. BUT on the other hand, if you're looking for a pretty good Philly steak and cheese sandwich shop, this one's a solid "4."

• Visited October 2013
“Good little place for a great Philly Steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I visited this place based on Trip Advisor rating this place #1. I agree a little place with great food!

United States
“Best Sandwich in Rapid City, SD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have travelled to the black hills many times to see family. I am from chicago and was looking for a good simple sandwich. Someone recommended Philly. When I got there I questioned it, because it is a small simple shop. The menu took a little time to study, because they offer so many different options. After many stops at Philly Ted's, I have tried a few items and yet to be disappointed. To bring me back to my youth, I would say "Philly Ted's is the BOMB".
Oct. 2013