“Just like home” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Brevard, North Carolina
“Just like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We chose Philly Ted's because it was ranked #1. We were not disappointed! I was born and spent the 1st 6 yrs in Phila so I know what a good cheese steak should taste like. When I ordered I asked the woman how did they get the name of the restaurant and she pointed to Philly Ted. turns out he grew up in Phila and we knew the same places and shared lots of stories. He came out here in 2000 on D-Day and was celebrating his 13th year! He was never in the restaurant business but I guess he learned.They have a zillion kind of cheese and steaks and chicken steaks, all cut very small and placed in a home made roll (hoagie style). The sandwich was really enough for 2 so if you like the same thing, SHARE It! They also have Nathan hotdogs and hamburgers and even a veggie sandwich. We went around 11:30 and people started coming in and the phone was ringing off the hook. I highly recommend this place. Oh, he has the coolist signs!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Naperville, Illinois
“Oh my- amazing on all levels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Yep- the place is small, but that doesn't reflect on the food or service. My family of 5 stopped in there for lunch, based on the reviews it received on Tripadvisor, and found those favorable reviews to be right-on!
The staff was helpful, inviting, warm and friendly! They checked on us and the other patrons to ensure we were enjoying our meal. We told them we were visiting from Chicago, and we had a nice conversation with the manager. My husband had mentioned that we previously were at a restaurant in Colorado, and he asked for Giardiniera, and they don't know what it was. Well, the manager quickly said that they have it there, and offered him some. It was delicious as was our whole meal! We had plentiful and excellent onion rings and poppers to start and then each cheesesteak sandwich ordered was amazing!! My son had 10 pc. wings that were meaty and excellent! The pricing of everything was very reasonable. Wish we had palace like this near our home in the suburbs of Chicago!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jt45
Eldridge, Iowa
“Delicious Philly steak sandwich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we ate at Philly Teds. Delicious Philly steak sandwich on yummy bread. The small place had a line out the front door. It is not fast food. We did have to wait a few minutes for our sandwiches. It was worth the wait. I had onions on philly steak, which I split with my husband, and it was just right for lunch. Highly recommend!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank joaniemaria
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great food always eat here. Same great service every time. Would refer any one here who wants a good sandwich.

• Visited May 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“No-nonsense sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A large selection of sandwiches cooked to order, good prices and a LOT of food for the money. The dining area is tiny so to-go orders are your best bet.

Visited April 2013