“I dream of Jerry's donuts!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Bakeries in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“I dream of Jerry's donuts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Amazing variety of donuts - red velvet, maple bacon, and Oreos are just some of them. Get there in the morning when they're hot and melt in your mouth. I've been all over and I these are still the best.

Vermillion, South Dakota
“holy variety!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

A friend and I stopped in to Jerry's Cakes & Donuts for breakfast on a Saturday morning. We were blown away by the number of patrons in the establishment!
The variety of donuts was borderline overwhelming! We were really impressed with the choices--I compared the experience to that of going into a taffy shop with numerous flavors, some of which you would never expect.
I ordered biscuits and gravy, a maple and bacon donut and a bottled orange juice totaling $6.25 (I saved the donut for an after shopping treat)!
Jerry's is extremely clean and well-maintained, with patient and friendly staff. I will most definitely return and would highly recommend to any person with a sweet tooth!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rapid city, sd
“Best Donuts Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

These are, by far, the best donuts anywhere, anyplace. They are so good it should be a crime, because you eat way too many. They have so many different flavors it is hard to choose. Family owned and operated, its a great tradition in Rapid.

Visited September 2012
Midwest USA
“Satisfy the Urge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Driving through South Dakota today I had an extremely strong urge for freshly made donuts. But where can one find an old time bakery any longer? Having worked at a bakery for 4 years during high school, I didn't just want something from a convience store/gas station.

Then I remembered I had come across Jerry's Cakes and Donuts once before. But would they be still open or have they closed down.

Only one way to find out, I needed to hold out until reaching Rapid City. And there it was the bakery is still open. There were still people inside sitting having coffee from china mugs, and donuts of various varieties on plates.

It was 9:30am and the assortment was still good, I was in luck. I remember in our bakery if you didn't get there early, you were never guaranteed the selection you wanted. It always comes down to the number of donuts and pastries made, and the number of customers that day buying. Maybe there is a business meeting, or a convention going on and someone has picked up donuts, that in itself can easily limit someone elses choices.

But ok, enough rambling. This time I was ready to try the Maple/Bacon Long John. I was unsure, but I had to do it. But just in case, I purchased a backup. A white cream filled chocolate covered long john, and a cup of coffee to go. (I had a customer to meet, I couldn't be late).

Wow - I think the Maple/Bacon long john was great! Perfect combination of the Maple sweetness mixed with the slightly salty bacon. Great Job Jerry's! And then I still had to eat my chocolate cream filled long john. Ok, honestly the white cream fillling Jerry's uses is a little too sweet for me. But the freshness of the the long john was perfect.

In a nutshell what you get at Jerry's is freshly made donuts and long johns. Many different varieties to choose from. However if you arrive late morning or certainly afternoon - it isn't their fault if the choices that are left are limited. They can't be expected to throw out their profits by making more than they think they can sell each day. Their donuts and long johns certainly don't taste flat or stale like you might find or be used to when grabbing something to go while getting gas.

Jerry's is well worth the drive into town. No one (except mom) can satisfy a good donut urge like a bakery can.

• Visited September 2012
Crestview, Florida
“Maple bacon heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I went here based on the reviews and I was NOT disappointed! The maple bacon long John was amazing! I also got a caramel sticky bun (warned of course)! Hometown feel, great service, wonderful doughnuts! Will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 bubbles