“Glad to have stayed here”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed June 23, 2007

It appears to be a newer property. The last hotel/motel in Rapid City before the Black Hills along Hwy 16. Set on the side of a hill, three story property with large pool area and elevator. Pool was decent sized with a maximum depth of 5’, temperature was way too cool however. Hot Tub was out of order while were there. Pool area is generously large however and has a view of eastern Rapid City.

Nice lobby with a good sized breakfast area. Coffee apparently available all day from a coffee bar near the elevators. Breakfast until 9:30 or 10.

They were overbooked while we were there so we were bumped up to a whirlpool suite that was a huge room with a extremely large bed, whirlpool tub in the corner large enough for two comfortably, microwave, refrigerator, kitchen sink, large bathroom with high showerhead.

Standard rooms appeared to be very nice as well, if of more standard dimensions.

Tourist info in lobby and by elevators on each floor. Small rack of post cards and souvenirs for sale in lobby as well.

Lots of chain restaurants and gas stations in the area. Safeway grocery store a few blocks down the street. Pets apparently allowed as we saw one family with a dog while checking in.

We’d return to this property.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank CentralHillsider

Reviewed March 18, 2007

Apparently this is a hotel that caters to a nearby hospital; however, we should have been told that this was a quiet place when we made reservations. We stayed here for a State A BB tourney and there were lots of children, though none were mine. The manager loudly criticized the kids for everything - even playing in the pool - from the moment we checked in. After a confrontation with a parent about sending wet kids out into a cold and windy parking lot because of a false fire alarm, the manager threw a fit: (kicked a luggage rack, threatened to send everyone to their rooms, stormed around in front of customers, "I want it quiet! This is my hotel and I'm in charge!" etc.) but then backed off for the rest of the weekend. She may have been having a bad day, but her behavior was unprofessional at best. If you are traveling with children of any age, don't stay here. The maid service/support personnel were helpful and the place was clean, so otherwise okay hotel.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank sdteach
Reviewed July 10, 2006

I asked for two extra pillows and they said they only had one extra left in the whole hotel. (How can that be!?). Anyway, the bed was horrible, lumpy and way too soft for my taste.

The hot tub wasn't working in the pool area which put a big damper on my vacation. Had I known, I would have made reservations elsewhere.

Staff was friendly, I wouldn't say they went out their way to do anything. The breakfast bar was average, but even the orange juice machine wasn't operational one morning. (Then go buy some orange juice somewhere!). Breakfast was the same everday - muffins, bagels, toast, cereal - the typical breakfast bar.

The locationw as good to see Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, but there are lots of hotels in that area and if I ever go again, I'd be checking them out instead of this Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank dooper84
Reviewed July 6, 2005

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make my family comfortable despite some reservation confusion from the Holiday Inn website. We had booked a family suite with two double beds, a sofa sleeper and a jacuzzi. The first thing the kids noticed is that there was NOT a jacuzzi in our room. The reception clecks explained that they had been having problems with the internet reservations and that I could have the family suite OR a room with a king bed, sofa sleeper and a jacuzzi. She offered to show us the other room personally. The kids decided that sleeping together would be fine to get that big jacuzzi. The clerk also reduced our bill for us. How nice of her! She made what would have been a unpleasant stay to something special. People can make all the difference. Thank you Holiday Inn Express Rapid City for going the extra mile for my family.

• Stayed: June 2005
10  Thank 4-Wheel-Family
Reviewed May 5, 2005

I stayed at several Holiday Inn Express locations on a recent midwestern trip and was impressed across the board. The rooms are good-sized, comfortable and clean. The bathrooms feature outstanding shower heads and those clever rounded shower curtain tracks that prevent the curtains from blowing in on you. The free breakfast buffetts are excellent.

The business center and exercise room at this hotel were outstanding, and although the place is located right on I-90, road noise wasn't a problem. Also, the rate was very reasonable. Another winner from Holiday Inn Express!

10  Thank rcepuch