“Good Place to stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #30 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed here for four nights and was very pleased. The staff was very helpful to me and fixed any problems immediately. The first night I did not have any cold water in the bathroom sink but it was fixed immediately when I reported the problem.

The bed, sheets and pillows were exceptional. The room was clean except it did need a more thorough dusting in some corners and the lamp in the corner.

My biggest complaint was the staff in their small cafe as they were on the rude side. Consequently we did not eat there after 2 incidents. There was not a continental breakfast set up at all.

I have looked at some of the pictures by other reviewers and some of them are not at this hotel. There is an exercise room but it is difficult to spot as off the side in the pool area. There was a problem with the door but there was always someone to help me get in and it was being fixed on the day I left (parts had had to be ordered).

As with any hotel, there are bound to be some problems but everyone was very helpful and ready to fix any problems.

Good place to stay if visiting Rapid as it is close to town and there is a nice park right across the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was able to walk-in and request a King room on the first floor, even though it was late at night they found us a room! All staff was friendly and the room was very clean and the bed was comfy.

As others have commented the breakfast was wonderful. I do not stay in many hotels but even though it was a "continental breakfast" there was still hot: cinnamon rolls, eggs and biscuits and gravy. If you like pancakes you will LOVE their pancake machine, one button and it spits it out for you onto a plate! They also have an outdoor patio that was nice to sit a relax before a day of traveling.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessi_Ann37
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stay a lot in Holiday Inn Express' to garner points and because they have a good breakfast. This Inn was no exception when it came to the breakfast; it was excellent, well-prepared and the attendant couldn't do enough for her guests (twice I left her a nice tip and we should ALL do this).
But the "nice" pretty much ended there. The hot-tub wasn't working and when I inquired about it, the lady at the check-in counter said, "Oh no, not again!" The water wasn't hot either. And the worse part was the scum on the tile walls of the tub...so bad and had been there so long that previous guests had scratched initials and designs into the scum surface! Yuk! There was also mirror "decor" at one end of the tub that appeared to not have been cleaned since the motel opened! We didn't bother to enter the pool area the following two nights we were there.
The next morning, I wanted to visit about these issues with the check-in clerk. No one around. I rang the bell, first quietly...then with more enphasis. Finally, I noticed him standing outside the front door with a water bottle and smoking. He wasn't coming in soon, so I left.
The room was OK but the entry card wouldn't work because the door handle "drooped". We had to hold the handle up to make the card work. They replaced the handle but forgot to tell us, so the card didn't work because now it was a NEW lock. We finally got new cards.
The room was clean and the maid service was very good. We still recommend the Holiday Inn Express brand but this particular entity was a bitter experience.

Room Tip: There are multiple Holiday locations in Rapid City, but this one is best if you are headed down High...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cartoon43
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear cartoon43,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and found your room and maid service satisfactory to your needs. Please accept my apologies for the unusual condition of our hot tub. We do value the comments we receive from our guests as these help us improve the quality and service that we offer.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Dozens of family members converged on this hotel recently, to attend a family funeral. My room was clean and comfortable, equipped with an LCD TV and a strong WiFi signal. The young woman at the desk (Abigail) was very helpful on check-in and with directions to the funeral home. We were allowed the use of the breakfast area for a family gathering our first evening and again for a luncheon after the funeral on day two. Call for the best rate! My sister-in-law beat my on-line, cancellable rate by $11 a night and the online non-cancellable rate by $3 a night. I'll definitely consider it on my next trip to Rapid City.

Room Tip: Take a room on the top floor to avoid the sound of feet overhead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Teguzco
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We have stayed here before but only for one night. This time it was for 4 nights. It is centrally located. Check in was great, staff friendly and efficient. Hotel was clean and well maintained. Heater worked great and was very quiet. There was the usual breakfast fare and well maintained by the attendant. This hotel is on a major street and quite a bit of traffic noise can be heard. More distressing was being able to hear neighboring room noises, ie conversations, TV and bath facilities. We were on the second floor and the folks above us were heavy walkers. Their footsteps could be heard even with the carpeted floors. The insulation between the rooms were essentially not there. There was no exercise room so I had to get in my daily walk going up/down the stairs and down the halls as it was sub 20 degrees outside.

Room Tip: Get a 3 floor room so you won't hear footsteps above you. Also getting rooms on north side may b...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keikidoc
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Rooms are very clean, very nicely done. Beds feel like down with pillows that are very, very comfortable. Jacuzzi's in the pool area (2) fit maybe 2 people each. Only complaint is that the jacuzzis were tiny but everything was 100% clean. Paid $99 for a 2 Queen Room which is a good price.

Room Tip: Breakfast is 6:30 to 8:30 (I think) make sure to get up early for free food/coffee.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This one of the older HI Express hotels I've stayed in. It's quite clean, but there are aspects that are still old and outdated. The TVs are the old analog style, the beds are not too comfy, and the shower head had many streams that were stopped up.

• Stayed: January 2012