“Loved our visit”

Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
“Loved our visit”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Rushmore Plaza and absolutely loved it. The location is fantastic, we visited Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Wall Drug and the Badlands and drove by Crazy Horse ($30...crazy!! Didn't stop.) They were all reasonable day trips. Downtown Rapid City is awesome, good food, the President scavenger hunt and Summer Nights. Thanks so much Emily Tobin Tupa.

2 Thank bfavs
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear bfavs,

Thank you for your comments about Rapid City and the surrounding attractions. Our location does sit us apart from other hotels. We are close to down town and it is easy to get to the attractions as well.
We appreciate your business and come back soon,

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were very nice and looked to be newly renovated. Beds were very comfortable as well as the layout of the room we stayed in. Plenty of room for our family to move around. 2 Flat screen TV's were a +, as well as a well kept swimming pool area. The breakfast buffet was just good. Nothing to write home about other than the fact it wasn't the usual fare. My husband ordered an omlete twice and never did receive his. Kids under 12 eat free with a paying adult.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Smorcs
Dear Smorcs,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the Omelet mistake. I am glad you enjoyed the pool and the amenities that we offer. I know you have many choices to choose from and I am glad you used us.

I hope to see you in the future. Travel safe,

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Went for the Hills Alive festival, and service was still very good although it was completely booked. Coffee shop is cute inside too, and the room was excellent also, aside from a stain on the carpet and no robes. :) since room service is offered, robes would be a nice item to have available. I think the open floor plan, the fountain, and the glass elevators give off a very inviting yet classy feel.

Stayed July 2014
Dear burlgirl77,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked the hotel and services offered. I will take your comment into consideration about the robes. I hope you come back for Hills Alive and stay with us.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We recently travelled to Rapid City, SD with our 2 kids to see Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park, Crazy Horse, etc. It was a great place to hang our hats and the kids LOVED the pool. The breakfast buffet is reasonably priced and the rooms were quiet and comfortable.

Stayed July 2014
Dear FrequentFlyerFoodie,

I am glad you enjoyed our area and our local attractions. We are located near the attractions and the hotel is an easy walk to downtown. The pool is a great area, with the walk out sundeck it offers something to all ages.
Thank you for your review and taking the time out of your busy schedule.

Dickinson, North Dakota
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel every year for the last 10 years but apparently the money they spent to remodel the hotel this past year didn't include the front desk staff or housekeeping. I could write a book but basically Anna at the front desk should not dealing with customers, housekeeping needs to get more help & take more pride in the renovated rooms. We found a band-aid stuck to the dresser, clearly visible, & need to learn to vacuum. Needless to say, they lost a loyal customer & they don't even care!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 2012reviewer1,

I apologize for the housekeeping mistake and missing the band-aid during the cleaning process. Our housekeeping staff is fully staffed. On full house events like the weekend you were here, we are staffed to have the rooms cleaned by posted check in time. With the weekend you visited, it is heavily occupied with stay overs. The request for that weekend was heavy on “I want my room cleaned as earlier as possible”. We can only clean so many so fast. During your visit I would have liked to had the opportunity to discuss your experience that you had with Anna personally. This was not brought to my attention until this review. I admit when our property has opportunities to provide better service as you can see on Trip Advisor. My office is behind the front desk and I hear our team with thousands of transitions a month. I have never heard Anna rude to anyone, this associate is kind and goes out of her way to assist our guest. I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience.

I wish you the best in your future stays in Rapid City,

Silsbee, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a 2 queen room on 4th floor. Check-in and check-out were easy. Beds were comfy. There was very little noise. Only complaint... Bathrooms were a little small. Grill inside the hotel. Laundry room on each floor. Just what we needed on the 15th day of a 17 day road trip.

1 Thank TexasGreenjay
Dear TexasGreenjay,

Thank you for the review and comments. Our beds are very comfortable and new. The bathroom can be cozy but it allows for ample room in the sleeping and sitting area.

Thank you for staying with us during your road trip,

Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, kids loved the elevator. The rooms were very clean and spacious. In a very nice location and staff was very helpful. Only issue that we had was the air conditioner wasnt work and the room was very hot the first day.

1 Thank Brandon K
Dear Brandon K,

The kids love the glass elevator. I apologize for the lack of air conditioning. I know the day you are talking about. Our Chillier fan motor had malfunctioned and by the time we got it to re-start the build did get warm. After the restart it took a couple of hours to cool things off again. I hope the rest of your stay was satisfactory.
Thank you for your review and travel safe,

Chris