“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Colleyville, Texas
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for 4- nights with a group of about 275 people. I was most impressed by the friendly staff. They were very accommodating and made the stay a great experience. Bartender was pretty wine knowledgeable (I am in the business) although offered a very limited selection, but no biggie. They provided car service within 5 miles of the hotel and that was great. We were there on a motorcycle rally, and it was nice to get off bikes and driven to down for shopping and restaurants.
Food at the grill was good and waitstaff very nice. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Elevators are a little slow....so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gigi215513
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Gigi215513,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your business and we are glad we could assist you in a wonderful stay. We do have a very nice and caring staff. We do offer the 5 miles radius van shuttle to the surrounding area. I hope the next time you are in the area you will choose us to be your host.

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was our second 'Holiday Inn' on our very long road trip. Check in was efficient. Room was fine, the layout was identical to the last one, this was going to be a very common theme. We arrived at around 8PM so dumped our luggage off and went straight down to the restaurant. We were the only ones there. Don't know why, the food was excellent. I tried 'walleye' for the first time, lovely fish. Good beers on tap also. Next morning we had breakfast, to find yet again the restaurant was dead, we had to go searching for staff. Had the pancakes, they were fine. Overall good experience for a stop over.

Room Tip: It's a conference hotel, so probably better off on the upper floors, away from the hordes of pho...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim-Jamie,
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The Walleye is very good and I am glad you had a chance to enjoy it. I apologize for the lack of staff to greet you upon the arrival at breakfast. Please come back to see us if you are in the Rapid City area.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my third time staying at this hotel, the rooms are very nice and are kept up well by the staff. I was there on business for 2 weeks, and Serria my house keeper kept my room in tip top shape! The food was really good, we enjoyed some appetizers at the bar and a Banana's Foster for my birthday! They were working on the park while I was there, that was a bummer. It is such a pretty place to walk around. We also got to meet your new GM while we were there, what a great guy he is...and I promise he did not pay me to say this either.... :) He sat down and visited with us and I have to say you could not have picked a better man for the job! I always enjoy this trip to South Dakota and look forward to staying at this hotel. Thanks for another Awesome experience! I will be back! Taffie Brashears, Alabama

Room Tip: always get the top floor....less noise. Corner units are larger.
Green Features: crappy toilet paper!! But good idea to reuse towels.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Taffie_10,
Thank you for your great comments, especially the one about the new GM. Just kidding, but I do appreciate the comments about our great staff and wonderful food. I really enjoyed meeting you and please when you are back in Rapid please let us know, we would love to be your host again.

Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have always have the best experiences at Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. All staff are very helpful and courteous. I have stayed at this hotel every weekend from January through May. When I wanted to plan a special birthday event for my fiancé, everyone bent over backwards to accommodate my every request. They have a great bar with good food. The restaurant has a buffet Friday nights with King crab legs and prime rib. A breakfast buffet Sunday and Saturdays during big events.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear chefmlp,
Thank you for your review and kind comments. He was great to have you staying with us and we enjoyed helping you plan the Dr's birthday. I hope to see you soon and thank you again for staying with us.

Byron Center
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here while attending a meeting planners conference. The rooms and hotel meeting space was superb. Excellent food served in their restaurant etc. We were able to enjoy the hotel because it is so close to the convention center, where many of our activities were held. Very courteous and helpful staff, willing to help in any way possible. they knew the area well and recommended many places to see that tourists miss. Even though we were there for a conference, we also were able to view the local attractions like Mt. Rushmore etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear BobKaiser,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased that you had a great experience with us. It is a great hotel with a great location. We have a very caring staff as your witness firsthand the the food in the Grille is awesome. Please come back soon and travel safe.

General Manager.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Civic Center Holiday Inn was a spectacular hotel....20 years ago! Now it is a slightly above average place to stay that is conveniently close to the Civic Center. Their restaurant has minimally changed and same with the menu in the last 20 years. This I know because not only have I stayed there recently, but I worked there as a high schooler 20 years ago.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty decent.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear DSorensen,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. Your stay occurred in the middle of a serious transition.
The hotel was in the middle of a Multi-million dollar room renovation. We were using our “old rooms” at the time of your stay. The restaurant is scheduled for its renovation in the later part of 2014 and completing 2015. The new menu went into place April 1st. The good news is for your next visit if you give us an opportunity to be your host, all the guest rooms are schedule to be completely renovated by June 15. (Waiting for refrigerators). All of our guest rooms looks great with the new design and I am confident that you will like the renovated rooms.
Viborg, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I always have the best experiences here at Holiday Inn Rushmore Plaza. All staff are so helpful and courteous. I have hosted many events at this hotel and I am never disappointed. They attend to my every need.

Room Tip: Loved room 401 as it was located right off the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rochelle R
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Rochlle R,
than you for you review and comments. We try our very best to meet our clients expectations and deliver the service and products that is requested. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit