“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Rapid City
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Great room bed are AMAZING! Stayed with family! Great restaurant! Amazing staff clean rooms spacious sitting area! Big bathroom and bathtub! Wonderful view from the room! Great pool and workout area! Will stay again! Recommended for families with all ages!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Chris_Rushmore_Plaza, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear biggymRapidCity,
Thank you for your great feed back about our hotel and the guest rooms. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to see you again.

Chris Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Gillette, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked the Holiday Inn for my family and my In-Laws after Christmas. I chose this hotel because of location and we have stayed here before. The rooms are okay. I booked a King for my husband , baby, and I; a double room for my in-laws. I would have thought that a microwave and fridge would be in the room, they were not. I think for the price of this hotel their are definitely better options. The restaurant in the hotel was average, the coffee shops espresso machine was not working, and the slamming of the hotel doors next to ours was obnoxious. The hotel itself is nice the beds were okay and the room wasn't the cleanest I have stayed in. On the upside the staff at this hotel is excellent and friendly. The location is also nice we were able to walk downtown.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Pratts_22,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I am happy to read you like our great location and friendly staff. Please accept my apologies that your stay did not meet expectations. I do apologize for the disappointment you experienced with the room amenities and hotel restaurant. Your comments have been forward to the appropriate departments so that any necessary improvements can be made.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to exceeding your expectations during your next trip the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Reserved a suite for New Years..found wall around one window not painted, apparently repaired just never painted? Chipped glass on a wall light shade with people having written messages on wall behind it? Pull out bed in love seat not made and had someone's prescription eye glasses laying in middle of bed? Other things found were minor due to age of hotel, stained rug, room odor, old bathroom tile on walls etc. Brought up the major issues with hotel staff in the morning and told that they could not credit anything back on the room yet would have a manager call us, guess what, no call from manager. Sadly this Hotel has really gone down hill and now looks like we will look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ljhn
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback very much. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room with the unpainted wall. We are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation and upgrade. Due to the large demand on New Year’s Eve at our hotel, we quickly put rooms back in order to accommodate all of our guests. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. I would like to offer you a complimentary stay in one of our upgraded suites in hopes of regaining your faith. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Happy New Year and thank you for choosing to share it with us.

Sherry Beck, General Manager
sherry.beck@rushmoreplaza.com
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had a short stay here for a visit to do Mount Rushmore and surrounding areas as l guess most tourists would do. The hotel is just on the out skirts of the main down town less than a mile walk. They do offer the hotel shuttle to help move you around which is good. The hotel is dated the room is large but the bathroom very small. The room was very cold at night and the temperature controlled at reception not by you. The restaurant there was very poor and would not suggest you eat there at all, look elsewhere some of the staff had a very nonchalant attitude. We saw room service trays in hallways for 24 hours for example. Tawana on the front desk was great and she saved the visit many times, hopefully the other younger staff were in training. It has an in house laundry that was great and let us catch up on the washing , fourth floor

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Chooker20,

Thank you for sharing a considerate review. We truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. Please be assured that your input will be taken into considerations in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Kind regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Nice large hotel, staff very friendly. Room was decent, with the only negative being that the sink was out in the hall of the room, not in the bathroom. There was a huge storm outside and it was nice to just stay inside the hotel and eat in the restaurant and not face the blowing wind and rain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I called ahead to make sure I could get a early check and to make sure I could get king bed. Well the early check in I got but not the king bed. But due to my rate I was paying they couldn't upgrade me either. I guess Cuz of the concert at the plaza they didn't have any left. So we got 2 double beds. Who uses double beds, Queens yes but doubles. Um u think 2 grown adults will fit comfortable on that bed, think again.
Got to use the spa and pool a couple times so that was nice. Spa was really hot. Pool was very cold so i didn't use.
As we were getting ready to go to the concert there was barely any hot water. And that was with the hot turned all the way on. Took forever to wash my hair.
And last there was a pink stain on the carpet by the coffee pot in my room.
So get bigger beds and have hot water for it guests.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our property. I would like to personally apologize for your disappointment during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns to ensure that others are not disappointed in the same way. I appreciate the suggestion for larger beds and you will be happy to know that we are in the process of upgrading our property and replacing the double beds with queen size beds.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith.

Sherry Beck
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had a nice enough stay at his hotel. The staff were all super friendly, and the building is attractive. The hotel is conveniently located as long as you have a car, but if you fly into Rapid City and don't rent a car, getting anywhere on foot involves walking along busy roads, or else trudging through the as-yet-unfinished promenade, which seems to be a hangout for some sketchy folks.

Overall my room was pretty clean, but the carpet was disgusting: Old, thin and stained in too many places to count.

The hotel restaurant was nice, but pricey. I was traveling for business, but the cost would add up quickly for a family. Again, no big deal if you have a car, though, since there are plenty of places to eat within a few minutes' drive.

The layout of the building may be a problem for those who are light sleepers. The hotel is built in a circular layout, with interior balconies that overlook the hotel lobby. If there are rowdy people or crowded conferences with lots of activity in the lobby, the lower floors will hear it all. I could even hear noise from the lobby all the way on the 8th floor, but I just used the fan on the air conditioner to drown it out. That may not help on a lower floor, though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business