Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza
$128
Country Inn
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$169
GrandStay
$114
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$110
$90
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$119
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
Hotels.com
$162
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
$159
$143
Hotwire.com
1,118 results
All reviewsopen atriumcivic centerfront deskembassy suitesgreat hotelclose to downtownbusiness triphotel staffroom was largerooms were very cleanblack hillsexcellent stayparking lotup to datewould stay here againsouth dakotarushmore
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I called ahead to make sure I could get a early check and to make sure I could get king bed. Well the early check in I got but not the king bed. But due to my rate I was paying they couldn't upgrade me either. I guess Cuz of the concert at the plaza they didn't have any left. So we got 2 double beds. Who uses double beds, Queens yes but doubles. Um u think 2 grown adults will fit comfortable on that bed, think again.
Got to use the spa and pool a couple times so that was nice. Spa was really hot. Pool was very cold so i didn't use.
As we were getting ready to go to the concert there was barely any hot water. And that was with the hot turned all the way on. Took forever to wash my hair.
And last there was a pink stain on the carpet by the coffee pot in my room.
So get bigger beds and have hot water for it guests.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our property. I would like to personally apologize for your disappointment during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow up on your concerns to ensure that others are not disappointed in the same way. I appreciate the suggestion for larger beds and you will be happy to know that we are in the process of upgrading our property and replacing the double beds with queen size beds.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith.

Sherry Beck

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had a nice enough stay at his hotel. The staff were all super friendly, and the building is attractive. The hotel is conveniently located as long as you have a car, but if you fly into Rapid City and don't rent a car, getting anywhere on foot involves walking along busy roads, or else trudging through the as-yet-unfinished promenade, which seems to be a hangout for some sketchy folks.

Overall my room was pretty clean, but the carpet was disgusting: Old, thin and stained in too many places to count.

The hotel restaurant was nice, but pricey. I was traveling for business, but the cost would add up quickly for a family. Again, no big deal if you have a car, though, since there are plenty of places to eat within a few minutes' drive.

The layout of the building may be a problem for those who are light sleepers. The hotel is built in a circular layout, with interior balconies that overlook the hotel lobby. If there are rowdy people or crowded conferences with lots of activity in the lobby, the lower floors will hear it all. I could even hear noise from the lobby all the way on the 8th floor, but I just used the fan on the air conditioner to drown it out. That may not help on a lower floor, though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Was in town on business for 3 nights. Hotel was clean and quiet. Front desk was helpful and courteous. Did not use the pool or exercise room but checked them out and they looked fine. Hotel is by the RC Convention Center. Nothing going on while I was there so not sure how that would have impacted parking or activity level. Hotel is close to downtown area. There are a number of nice restaurants not far from the hotel. Only issue I had was first morning the hot water was out due to some maintenance they were doing overnight. There was a note in room on arrival with the information so not a surprise. They were 20 or 30 minutes late finishing up so did breakfast before morning shower. everything else is nice.

I also had breakfast in the hotel all 3 mornings. Ordered off menu rather than the Buffet (personal choice). First day the service was very slow (The waiter apologized and comped the meal without me asking). 2nd and 3rd day the service was very fast and good.

Room Tip: Site is associated with a convention center, west side faces the center, south faces the shared parking lot, east has small lot and the a main street and north is looking out on parking lot and feeder road to main road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We got snowed in at this property during the blizzard of October7-9. The staff were terrific, even though they were working around the clock. Good improvisation skills, friendly, efficient. If you have to get snowed in, this is the place to do it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The holiday inn was one of the worst experience our family ever had. And calling customer service was a complete waste of time. The room was filthy. We had bugs that bit us during the night. Someone actually came in, one of their employees and stole from our belongings. When calling to complain about customer service, not only did they not reward the points (which they claim it was due to purchasing through expedia, though when reading the fine print of their program, it never specifies this nor has it ever been an issue before when I purchased the hotel through expedia for other chains). I would never go back to that hotel chain. Not worth the trouble to complain. The customer service manager wasn't even willing to give out her name!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina S
HotelGMRapidCity, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Tina,

I am so sorry about any & all issues you may have encountered during your stay. I apologize for not being informed of this situation. This type of experience is not typical for our hotel and I can understand why you would be very upset. It is certainly my goal to make it better for you.

I hate to ask for more of your time; however your feedback requires immediate attention on my part so I can insure that others are not disappointed in the same way. Could you please contact me directly to give me details of stay? The hotel number is 605-348-4000.

Thank you again for your time and your consideration in giving me additional details.

Sherry Beck