“My Stay”

Ranked #45 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Winner, South Dakota
“My Stay”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I got bit up all over my arms by an unknown bug..the one hot tub was scalding hot the other was Luke warm n the jets didn't work and the pool was like swimming in the Arctic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Christina M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Keystone, South Dakota
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I will start out by saying that both Tom and Jay who work the front desk are very friendly. And I was given a quiet corner room.
Now with that said:
I had a couple of problems with my stay here.
The first would be that I used a card to secure my reservation, but at check in and departure I was never asked to present the card or to present identification of any sort. Which in my mind tells me I could have used anyone's card to rent this room. Does not make me feel as though they cared about my financial security.
The second problem, was the mold in the bathroom and the hole in the wall of the main area.
Not the best place I have stayed at.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have come to Rapid City for 5 years, for stock show. We like to try different hotels to compare price/quality for ourselves. I should have followed the advise of other reviewers. Besides a comfortable bed and a powerful shower, there is nothing that says "come here next time", to us. There was mold in window and along bathtub. Room was vacuumed once in 4 days, but not very well. We found pizza under the end of the bed and we never had pizza. The entrance was full of muddy footprints and spilled food while clerk sat and watched tv at 10:30 pm. We had to ask to have HBO turned on. No hair dryer. We had a smoking rm and had no ashtray. When we told the clerk, he was very put out that he had to leave the tv to get 1, which he had to retrieve from another rm. We too had the excuse that the food delivery had not come for breakfast (no storm). The hot tubs are a joke. 1 was barely warm and the other was hot, but jets didn't work and no towels in pool area. Maybe employees that want to work and care what the hotel looks like, should be hired. In one of the other reviews, it was stated that things would be fixed if you were notified. Well, 4 wks later some of the same issues are still there. Lazy and uncaring employees, improper management being at the top of the list. For one nighters, who want a good bed and shower and don't care about the condition of the room, getting breakfast or relaxing in hot tubs, then this place is for you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jill W

Travelers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

Mobridge, South Dakota
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and I can't even describe what a dump it is! We were greeted by filthy carpets in the hallway and the room wasn't much better. The lock was broken, and laying on the floor, also a lamp was broken off at the top. A sign that the maids didn't vacuum or clean the fixtures. We had a non-smoking room and it reeked of cigarettes...another sign the room/bedding hadn't been cleaned. The blanket had large holes in it and the pillowcases had long black hair on them. We thought all of that was bad until the fight broke out in the hallway and another one right outside our window...by the entrance door! Obviously, no one at the front desk or management heard it since nothing was done to stop either fight. We made it until 7:30 am and then grabbed our belongings and got the "H" out of there! We checked into the Hilton Garden Inn and WOW what a room/hotel! My next review will be for that hotel and it's going to be a five star!

Room Tip: There isn't a good room in this place!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TLGM, operations manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I wish you would have notified us immediately about the condition of your room so we could have done something about it. But not once did you let us know not even at check out. Yes there was a problem with a person who was drunk and staying at another hotel but was confused thinking this was the hotel she had booked. We did have to call the police and have her removed. The front desk staff handled the situation as best as they could.