Rodeway Inn
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
CambriaHotels
$118
Country Inn
$104
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$179
GrandStay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$176
$119
Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$99
$100
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$110
$169
ComfortSuites
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$129
$109
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed in this hotel following the Sturgis Rally so I can see exactly what they were talking about. We were on our way to Oregon from Arkansas to visit our daughter and we try to usually drive no more than 6 hours due to medical reasons. This hotel was centrally located and we were ready for a good nights sleep. We were told they were booked up except for a "suite w/jacuzzi tub" that they would give us for the price of a double. We had to enter from an outside access up two flights of stairs. We are senior citizens with limited mobility. Upon entering the room, which was dark and dingy, I almost fell into the jacuzzi tub which was in the floor of the bedroom! This room might have been a "suite" in 1960 but not now. We were exhausted but I flinched when crawling into bed. The linens were old, thin and moldy smelling. Ugly dirty carpeting, wallpaper peeling off the wall and a tub I wouldn't even consider getting into it was so filthy. The air-conditioner adjuster wheel was broken so no air or even fan. We were miserable. Upon checking out the next day I informed the front desk clerk of the unacceptable conditions and asked to speak to the manager. She entered all my complaints into a well used spiral notebook and told me the manager was out of town and she would report the problems, I asked that she deduct the charges from my credit card which she refused to do. When checking out I overheard a man in front of me complaining that he had called ahead and was assured they had a heated pool and was so disappointed since he was traveling with his grandson and he couldn't swim in the cold pool. She gave him the "song and dance" about the pool heater being broken but the parts were "on the way". I called the Travelodge Customer Service the next morning when we were back on the road. I had to hold for at least 15 minutes but reported the problem and was told they would contact the hotel and then report their findings back to me within 7 working days. Didn't happen!! 10 days later I called them back and they said they had checked with the owner or manager or whoever and since I had been "upgraded" to a "luxury suite" at a reduced price, they wouldn't drop the charges. I have reported this to my credit card company who will be disputing the charges for me. My synopsis of this whole mess? Shame on them!

Room Tip: Don't always judge a hotel from the outside. Most hotels are updated inside on a regular basis in order to keep their standing in the hotel community. Most upstanding desk clerks will allow you to see a room before checking in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I didn't have any complaints about my 3 night stay at this hotel. The front desk clerks were friendly and courteous even with me traveling with a dog. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable for being a hotel bed. My only concern was the height of the shower head. It needs to be higher because I really don't like to take a shower when I have to crouch down just to wash my hair. Other than that the room was great and the service was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ok, it isn't a five star hotel however given the price and location at this time of year it was OK. Everything worked for us but it wasn't high quality. As a last minute stopover when we arrived late and left early and just wanted a bed it was ok. If you are there for more than a night however then choose something else.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a family reunion during the Sturgis rally so we opted for a less expensive room as all the nicer hotels were pricey. Never again!! We'll pay the extra money to get what is advertised. First when we checked in, the people next door to us who checked in at the same time told us the front desk still had our credit card. They knew that because the clerk had tried to give it to them. The pool was ice cold and hot tubs were out of order. We also got the song and dance about the blown pump which according to other reviewers has been the problem all summer. Our beds were super uncomfortable and the room was dark and dingy. Our window faced the wall of the building. We were just above one of the exits so our air conditioner pulled in all the cigarette smoke from everyone who stepped just outside to smoke. They were unable to move our room away from that location so we worked with Hotwire to get a refund and rebook somewhere else for the second night. In our haste to escape we left behind a gift for our kids. When I called on Monday (a day later) they didn't find what we left behind so either housekeeping took it or they rerented the room without going through it and the person after us got it. We have family in town and often stay in hotels when we visit but this one we will avoid for any future trips!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We were in a time crunch and this was our last option. The first night was actually decent. The room was clean, and the staff was really nice. However, the shower was awful. The "hot" was turned all the way up and it still didn't get much above luke-warm. The second shower was worse than the first one. Again I turned the "hot" all the way up. This time the water was flat out cold. It warmed up enough for me to dive in and wash my hair, and jump back out.
Breakfast was a comical fail. They offered 2 types of cereal, those tiny prepackaged donuts, and toast. The 5 tables in the dining room, were full. So we came back to our room, only to see that the maids had entered, even though the "do not disturb" card was on the door.
Overall, the experience wasn't entirely bad. But for the price I paid, I at least expect to be able to take a hot shower.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the parking lot are noisy in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends