“Outstanding service and cleanliness” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rapid City

Days Inn Rapid City
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Vista, California
“Outstanding service and cleanliness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed at with top notch service and employees that will do what ever possible to make your stay pleasant. this hotel is very easy to find just right off of the I-90 and LaCrosse St. i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

My daughter and I recently stayed 5 nights at the Days Inn on LaCrosse in Rapid City, SD. We found it to be very comfortable and accomodating. The staff was always pleasant and efficient and the room was clean and well maintained. The only issue we had was with the wireless internet. On several occasions we had limited or no connectivity; however, when we called the front desk they would reset it and then it worked fine. We travel to Rapid City quite frequently for family trips involving our horses and will definitely be booking a room at the Days Inn from now on. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tiffin, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I found a bug between the mattresses just before bed. It didn't look like the photos of bed bugs, so i squished it and went to bed. It bothered me all night that I probably should have reported it. So the next morning i mentioned it to the front desk and requested a sheet change. I never saw another bug, and neither did my parents down the hall. But just now, driving down the highway I noticed some suspicious bite marks on my arm. So the moral of this story is, you can't rely on trip advisor or bedbugregistry.com for bed bug info. I should have reported it to management and got a new room. Now i will have to take extra precautions with my luggage when I get home. What a hassle but my own fault for not trusting my instincts.

However, the hotel was otherwise very nice. The breakfast was okay with waffles, hard boiled eggs and pastries. The bathrooms were small with the sink out in the bed area. The pool smelled funny, like it cold use a good scrubbing, but my kids liked the swimming. The location is close to I 90 which made it more convienient than the other Days Inn. And be warned there are two Days Inn, the one they call Days Inn West was disgusting! This one on Lacrosse is much nicer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
daysi90, General Manager at Days Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us.
When you came down and "mentioned" that you had squished a bug on the mattress, I was notified immediately. We take all "bug" sightings seriously. The bed, along with the rest of the room, was thoroughly examined. We did not find any other bugs, nor did we find any evidence of "bugs". The Black Hills have been swarmed with mosquitos this year due to all the moisture we received this spring, could this have been the culprit for the suspicious bites?
I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. If you plan to return anytime soon, please keep in mind that we have several different room types where a larger bathroom is available. We even have the same room type you stayed in with larger bathrooms. Next time you come and see us request a larger bathroom and I will make sure you get it.
Again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Montevideo, Uruguay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

Very to hand of all places a good option Near shopping

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

A few days after we left, my hubby kept mentioning that "their breakfast is really very good, the best". Even though it's a motel, it has indeed one of the best breakfast around, compared to some of the hotels that we have stayed during our 19 day trip in the US. Great coffee, great waffle, etc., I can't remember the rest, I just remember that it was good. There was quite a wide variety surprisingly.

Hubby & I chatted at breakfast table after everyone had left, & staff chatted up with us. Learnt from him that the nearest Walmart is 24 hours??!! Should have gone in the middle of the night!

Big, clean room and bathroom. Big lobby. Didn't use the swimming pool but looks good. Everything's good, except for the inconsistent wireless connection which wasn't a big deal. Thanks for the wonderful & memorable stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Shorewood, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

I've stayed at this Days Inn nearly a month ago, and i'm not the type too write any type of review , but i felt the need to let the people know about the great service i recevied. Not only was the manager [ Steven Seagal kinda look a like ] with the pony tail was willing to help me afford my stay , but they also got a room ready for me earlier than they were suppose to, cause my girl friend had abused alcohol the night before ( Tequilla ) so we needed a room kinda quick . The manager also went on to tell me they won some kind of award for their hotel , i was like to myself , yeah what ever, but through the night when i had to leave the room to go get food or ice i would see staff ,and they would smile, and being a waiter for five years and a cashier for seven , i know a fake smile or a sincere smile, theirs were real , I looked for that manager the next mornig to let him know , i see how they won that award. Congradulatins to the girl at the front desk , who was getting married soon, if not already , to the very ,very nice lead house keeper , who gave me excellent advise to go to Mount Rushmore, and the Crazy Horse Memorial , that was a trip seeing that stuff. Too the owner ( who i thought was staff ) and the lady who let us eat when she could've put the food away because we were late for breakfast ( who did'nt seen to mind at all (with a sincere smile and good jokes to boost ) this is a good place to stay . Me and my girl friend will be back, this time no Tequilla.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank slydog1056
old tappan, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Here is a copy of my "thank you" e-mail to the DaysInn located at 1570 N. Lacrosse ST, Rapid City, SD. Nice bunch of people...............
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Wep7 <wep7@aol.com> wrote:

Dear Ms. Blodgett,

I recently was a guest at your motel this month and wanted to thank you and your staff, particularly Blake ( i didn't get his last name) who helped me with my travel plans. I arrived there on June 10 for one night, picked up my rental motorcycle from Black Hills HD, met some friends there and traveled to Colorado and back to Rapid City on the 17th for four nights. I had previously called to see if you would accept two boxes (motorcycle gear) from Fed Ex, keep the boxes until i returned, and then ship them out after my stay - nothing seemed to faze these folks. Blake seemed to have an answer or a solution to anything i asked, including packing tape, scissors, etc.

I should also mention that one morning over the weekend, a fire alarm went off, and my room being fairly close to the front desk i went into the hall to find Blake, quite calmly checking the "handicapp" rooms to see if the guests were ok and by the time the fire dept. arrived it appeared to be quite routine for them and they found the cause quickly with no further problem. The point here is that Blake clearly kept his head and did what he was supposed to do without causing panic among the other guests having breakfast or in their rooms. Having over 30 yrs experience in law enforcement i can attest to the value of keeping one's head in an emergency and not overreacting.

So, i just wanted you to know that about your folks as i'm sure most people take these actions for granted. Again, thank you for all your help and hospitality.

Regards,