“Good location, fair pricing friendly staff overall good...”
Review of Days Inn Pierre

Days Inn Pierre
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Pierre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had reserved a room for two nights on our way back East. We had drove for 26 hours and were tired so we called and they let us cancel the first night without any issues so we could stop for the first night where we were. When we arrived for the second night we were in awe at our room. We booked 322 which has three double beds. This room is awesome! Log bed frames and night stand/dressers. A full size fridge and microwave were also in the room. It is decorated perfectly to make a family feel totally at home! We woke for breakfast which was better than the standard breakfast. We stayed at many other hotels on this trip and this one was by far the best!! I asked and was told that they only have two rooms like ours and the other one has a King and two doubles?. Can't wait to come back for a weekend stay! Thank you for everything!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hi Jodi!! Thanks so.....much for taking the time to give us a review!! And what a great it was! I'm glad you enjoyed your room, it's one of our new ones that we've done, it used to be a meeting room but a year ago we decided to make it a guest room with the three beds. I can't believe how many people book that room! It's so popular that we've done another one with 1 king bed and 2 full size beds, it gets rented a lot as well. The decor was a lot of fun to do, my husband just kind of turned me loose with it. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your travel schedule. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the near future!!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Days Inn Pierre for two nights in late July. We were on a road trip across the US and all of the other hotels we stayed in were Best Western. We chose to stay at the Days Inn rather than Best Western in Pierre mainly because of the difference in cost. We were glad we did, as the service we received was second to none and we very much enjoyed the more personal interaction with the hotel staff.
When we arrived we were greeted warmly by Tammy on front desk and made to feel very welcome. She was more than happy to answer our questions about where we could find things in town. Our room was very comfortable, spotlessly clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was on a par with that provided by many of the Best westerns we also stayed in and we were perfectly happy with it. Dode, one of the owners, was also extremely welcoming and made recommendations on where we could eat and we enjoyed a very nice conversation with her (I forgot to show you my photos of The Queen, Dode!). Dallen, Dode's husband and co-owner, was just as friendly. The hotel provided free tickets to several of the local attractions - worth having and a nice touch.
I'd definitely recommend the Days Inn at Pierre to anybody travellling through the area and we won't hesitate to stay there again if we are ever in town.
Overall, a very nice place to stay with excellent customer service and very friendly and welcoming staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Well hello there! I could've visited with you all day! It's always so interesting to me to find out about other countries! You were here when the new Prince was born, so the topic was the Royal family and how interested we are here in the U.S. about them. I hope you had a great trip the rest of the time you were here in America! I think you need to come back to Pierre so I can see the photos of The Queen, I would've loved to see them. As you mentioned in your review, our staff is welcoming, that's what we strive for, and LOVE to hear! Hopefully while you were here you got to visit a few of the attractions we have here in our little town. Next time you take a trip to our country I would love it if you would make Pierre a short stop and we can visit again!
Rapid City
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Motel held a complimentary summer cook out for the guests: burgers, brats, all the trimmings and beverages. It was a nice touch and greatly appreciated. Management and staff were present and visited one-on-one with the guests. This motel management & staff act genuinely happy you stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Jerry, Thanks so very much for writing a review about your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate the guests that take time out to do it. We had a GREAT Sturgis Week! I think we had as much fun as our guests! Our staff signs up to work the bbq and generally we have more than enough people to be able to visit with our guests and find out a little about their lives. We believe in getting to know who stays with us and I know our staff feels the same. We have so many guests say our hotel has a homey feel, that's exactly want we strive for. Dallen and I know how many choices you have for overnight lodging in the Pierre area, thank you so much for choosing us!