“Super Comfy Bed at Pierre Days Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Pierre

Days Inn Pierre
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Pierre
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Super Comfy Bed at Pierre Days Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We spent one night at the Days Inn in the nice, little town of Pierre. We were on a two-week sightseeing trip that included nights in 12 different hotels. This hotel was our very favorite of them all. The king-size bed was by far the most comfortable bed of all the dozen hotels we stayed in. I can't rave enough about the comfort of the mattress and the bedding as well -- and also the very attractive comforter set.

The room we were in (#233) is the only pet-free room in the hotel - which I requested once we got there. The room was larger than some chain hotel rooms, with not only the king bed, but a sofa and decent room to move around. There was a microwave and refrigerator. The room is on the second floor at the back of the hotel. Since it is hilly, the back of the hotel is on the same level as the parking so there is no need to climb more than a couple stairs. The lobby is on the first level - also beside the lower parking lot. The room was quiet even though there were a number of grouse hunters and fishermen there.

The staff was nice and friendly. We did look at a queen room before deciding to pay a bit extra for the king room and, I must say, it was considerably smaller. It looked nice, but we opted for the larger room and paid an extra $13.

The breakfast was nice with biscuit, gravy, boiled eggs, donuts, cereal and Belgian waffle machine. There are also washing machines and dryers at the end of the hall we were in which was very handy for us We were very pleased with our visit to this hotel and would recomend it to anyone staying in Pierre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Well first of all thank you for the thorough review, those are the best!! I love that you thought our hotel was the best one out of the other 11 you stayed in. Days Inn Corporate has a rating system and right now out of over 1500 properties in the U.S. and Canada, we're ranked number 33! Pretty good! The room you stayed is my favorite. Last year we replaced all of our mattresses with pillow top ones and we've had such a good response from our customers about them, who wouldn't love sleeping on a cloud...right? You talked about our staff, and yes they are wonderful! Our breakfast is one of the best for a hotel in the Pierre area, people tell us that all the time. We put in our guest laundry about a year and it's been a HUGE hit with our guests. I'm hoping while you were in Pierre you got to visit some of our sites in the Capitol City!! We would love to see you again sometime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
BELCOURT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I always seek out Days Inn when I go on any type of trip, whether business or pleasure. I always feel at home and welcome. I am a smoker and I truly appreciate the smoking rooms. Great staff training!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Sharon, Thanks so...much for the great review! I've heard from many of our guests that they feel like family and I love that!! We have only 4 smoking rooms in the whole hotel they sit on the 3rd floor, we've thought about getting rid of them, but they get used all the time. Our staff is the best and they've pretty much trained themselves!! We hope to see you soon!!!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Although a amoderately priced hotel in Pierre the servfce is excellent. I was allowed to change my first room assignment when I checked in--and they were very gracious about it.

Then when I thought the local taxi service might not show up to take me to the airport (it didn't have my reservation from the day before) one of the owners drove me to the airport in her own car the next morning.

Exquisite and kind service!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Hey! Your caption is "best hotel service in Pierre" you are correct in that statement, we have the best staff in town, they work very hard for us, and we value them!! We always do our best to make sure every guest is treated like our family. I'm not sure what brought to Pierre, but Dallen and I know just how many choices you have for your over night lodging needs when you come to this area, and we want to thank you so...much for choosing us!!
Huron, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

As someone who has worked and traveled throughout this country for both work and pleasure, I consider the Days Inn in Pierre, SD to be one of my favorite hotels. The staff are VERY helpful and accommodating. They have gone the extra mile for not only myself, but for all people whom I see walk through their doors. My company requires me to be away from home for days at a time and I set up my residence with this particular hotel. During the past year I have spent close to 2 months living here on business.The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is alway good and the tables are clean. This truely is my home away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hey there, thank you very much for such a great review!!! I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and let me just say we love all you guys and the business you bring to our hotel!! We strive for you to feel like this hotel is your home away from home, we wouldn't have it any other way. If there is anything at all we can do better please let me know. I'm certain we'll see you soon!!!
Calvert City, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at the Days Inn in Pierre. Their breakfast was very good, especially the gravy and biscuits. My husband said it was the best bed we slept in on our 17 day journey on our motorcycles. Everyone at the motel was very friendly. We recommend this motel. Clean rooms and fridge, microwave, coffe pot in room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Hey there Suzie, thanks so much for writing a review of our hotel! My husband and I really love to read what our guests think. You can't believe how many people mention how much they love our new beds!! We just replaced them a little over a year ago, next to come is flat screen/wall mounted tv's, we have them on two floors, but not the third yet, but soon. I'm super glad you liked our breakfast, we expanded it for our guests, and I even bake things sometimes for the morning. This week it was apple crisp. We hope the next time you come this way that you will choose us!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Staff were very friendly. The room was clean. The breakfast area was also very clean. A typical breakfast, but items were fresh. The bathroom sink area in my room was a little small, but having a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Ruth,

Thank you so...much for the great review!! You're right, some of our bathrooms are pretty darn small, we've tried to figure out how to change things and make them bigger, but then we would have to sacrifice the size of our room. I'm glad you thought the micro/frig were nice added touches, we've been trying to get every room in the hotel to have them. Dallen and I know just how many choices you have in the Pierre area for your over night lodging needs, thank you so very much for choosing us!!!
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Everyone at this motel is happy to see and to host you. The condition of everything is excellent. We had average expectations for our stay, but our expectations were blown out of the water in every respect. The desk clerk, the housekeepers and the owners are all available and concerned that your experience is great and your stay is pleasant. Days Inn generally is not one of our favorite brands, but this motel is now our first choice in Pierre. We'll stay here again. And again....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Hello there! I'm super happy that you wrote a review, we love them! I'm sorry to hear you had "average expections" for your stay, but am happy they were met that and even more! Dallen and I have owned our hotel for almost 10 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Some of our staff have been with us from the beginning, and we LOVE them! They are the reason we have a business at all, I tell them that all the time! A couple years ago we were nominated for one of the top 10 out of 1500 properties for our customer service! Hopefully with your experience at our hotel you might try other Days Inn properties some time.