“MOST WONDERFUL”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Pierre
Minneapolis
“MOST WONDERFUL”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

On a motorcycle trip west stopped down the street at a motel didn't look so good.
See big sign at Days Inn bikers welcome. It was Sturgis week. So we got room. Afternoon guy was wonderful. Told us wash you bike out front have free soda or water for your self. Had rags, wax, window treatment all free.
Will go back

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was in Pierre South Dakota where my son was a groomsmen at a wedding. The hotel is clean, and comfortable and the breakfast substanial and tasty. More importantly, the staff displayed a level of hospitality that I have rarely experienced.

My son had several events he had to attend with the wedding party leaving me at the hotel and somewhat bored. That is when the staff took over. Several off duty staff took the time to talk to me and provide a measure of entertainment. One staff member (Sasha) spent signficant time with me making me feel at home.

I travel about 60,000 miles per year for business and I usually stay in the "4 star" and "5 star" hotels but I have never received this level of hospitality. To a lonely traveler it meant alot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2011

The couple that run this hotel are lovely, really friendly and made us feel very welcome, and made for a relaxed stay. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, in a really central location, with countless places to eat nearby (a Subway and a chinese buffet on either side, and Dairy Queen opposite) if you really don't want to go far, and the lady on the desk was happy to recommend non fast food places.

Good breakfast of standard motel fare.

The only drawback of this hotel was the train that woke me up at just gone midnight!

If ever I'm back in Pierre, I wouldn't even consider staying elsewhere, I'd come back here. A great hotel. And a parrot that dances to Lady Gaga videos - what more do you want?

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our hotel!! This is the only property we own and are lucky enough to live right here with our guests. Dallen and I are very proud of our Days Inn. We definitely enjoy what we do! You mentioned Ollie, our Amazon parrot . He actually was a rescue bird that we got here in South Dakota. I went to see a bird with 2 gals that work with us here at the property and found Ollie sitting in a basement with no toys, no food, and no water. Knowing that parrots are a lot of upkeep (we used to own a macaw), I was a little nervous about buying one, but I knew that Ollie needed to be out of the situation he was in. I figured I'd try him at the property, and if that didn't work out I was going to give him to an avian shelter so he could live his life as a "happy bird"! Little did I know.....he's the perfect pet for our hotel!! He's NEVER caged, he loves to say Hi, and yes dance to Lady Gaga!! Thank you again for writing such a nice review!!! Dode Juelfs/owner
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I have stayed at many a motel and hotels over the years, but never before have I encountered such accomodating host and hostess as I have here at the Pierre, SD Days Inn. The owners will personally greet you, and make sure that your stay with them is one of comfort and ease. I had not planned a stay in Pierre, but other circumstaces dictated that I do, and thankfully, It was suggested that I stay at the Days Inn. The rate was very affordable, and the Inn is located close to eating establishments and other neccesities. I would certainly recommend that if you are planning a trip to Pierre, SD, that you stop in at the Days Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DodeJuelfs, Owner at Days Inn Pierre, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you so much for you review, we love to hear what our customers have to say! Dallen and I have owned our hotel for almost 9 years, we just moved here about a year and a half ago, and love being right here on the property! One of the best parts of our day is when we get to visit with our guests. We take great pride in our hotel, and hopefully it shows. If you're ever back in the Pierre area, we'd love to see you again!!! Dode Juelfs/Owner
Sandy Lake, MB
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stopped at the Pierre SD Days Inn on our way north from the Rio Grande Valley (we had stopped once before on our way south a year earlier). The greeting received from the staff and the owner was fantastic - they could not do enough for us - including making our Jack Russell welcome. The owner took pains to make sure we knew of the River Walk where we could take our dog for a much needed walk. There was excellent parking for our travel trailer in a paved area. The King Jacuzzi Suite was large and clean. Indeed all the facilities were wonderfully clean! The Continental Breakfast was very complete and inventive (coloured eggs for Easter Day). We stayed at another Days Inn the next night in Minot ND which could not hold a candle to the people and facilities at the Pierre Days Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed February 5, 2010

We travel to Pierre a couple times a year and always stay here. We have been extremely happy with the staff, the comfortable beds, and wonderful breakfast. They also have a secured spot to park our boat and a freezer for our fish. Great staff!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 16, 2009

If you are looking for a place to lay your head for the night, this place is just fine.

- Good -
Staff was very nice, free breakfast, quiet, bathroom clean, affordable

- Bad -
The whole place smelled a little like cigarette smoke, bed wasn't very comfortable, breakfast didn't have healthy options, bed had thick bed spread/comforter (I have heard that hey do not get washed, I don't like them, I take them off)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple