“Disappointed”

Governor's Inn - Pierre
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Pierre
Reviewed July 30, 2012

After reading all of the reviews of this Inn, I have to say I was disappointed with my stay. The hallways were a little messy with piles of old TV's and old air conditioning units stacked in some areas. The second floor ice maker was out of order. The room itself was dank and the beds were not very comfortable. The metal strip over the carpet under the bathroom door was only partially nailed down, and it was a real danger to bare feet. The only soap was from a dispenser over the sink, and it was empty. Saw bars of soap on the maid's cart, but we didn't get any. Breakfast was quite simple. My kids did like the fresh cookies when we checked in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PilotOne6
PIERREGOVINN, Owner at Governor's Inn - Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I apologize for the condition of things we had just changed over to new flat screen tv's and had some laying around that had been sold and not picked up.
The ac I should have found a better place to put them, it has been so hot we left them in an easy place to get to.
I have talked to housekeeping on the other items and we will get them taken care of.
I am sorry about things we try very hard to keep things perfect every day and sometimes it gets the better of us.
Thanks for letting us know what you see and what you think about things.
I hope to see you again

John Poncelet
Owner/ Manager

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I enjoyed a very pleasant stay at Gov's Inn in mid-June 2012. Clean, quiet, swim pool, nice brealfast, exercise room, great location, great staff. I will definately stay again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank klk56
PIERREGOVINN, Owner at Governor's Inn - Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I always show these to the staff so they know the efforts they do really do make a difference.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just returned from Pierre, SD where we enjoyed a great three day stay at the Governor's Inn. Clean, friendly, and reasonably priced. Great breakfast. Spent a night at a much larger hotel on the way home and their breakfast was pale compared to what the Governor's Inn puts out! Location was so convenient and everybody was great...the kids loved it. Five stars: We'll never stay anywhere else in Pierre!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank David L
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Wonderful if your not on the main hallway. Clean, friendly staff, comfortable beds, pet friendly, close to many types of food. Nice parking. No elevator

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in the rooms on the main hallway. It is very noisy. We were in room 102. It is right by...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Newpenguin
PIERREGOVINN, Manager at Governor's Inn - Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Thank you for letting me know about this issue. I have reminded my desk clerk not to clean up in these rooms when someone is next door. they should have waited sorry about this issue and thank you for bring this to my attention.
John Poncelet

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at the Governor's Inn for about a month in the spring of 2011. The pros: It was the quietest hotel I have ever stayed in in my life. I never even heard the train, which you hear everywhere in Pierre, and never heard other people in the hotel either. The staff was quite friendly and the room was very large for the price, including a jetted tub in the room. The internet was high-speed and very reliable. Breakfast had several choices. The cons: It is a bit run-down. The bed and other furniture were not very comfortable. My window broke several times and as a woman staying alone I was a little disconcerted that there was no chain or bar on the door. The manager did add one when I asked, however, it was barely connected to the wall. All in all, if you're looking for a good value and a quiet night's sleep in Pierre, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: There are several suites to choose from.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
PIERREGOVINN, Manager at Governor's Inn - Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

I want to thank you for leaving a nice review and i know it was some time between staying and writing the review. One thing i noticed is the door security we do have dead bolts on every room and security key cards for all doors and peep holes in the doors and have had them for a number of years.
We have been doing upgrades every year and over the past year we replaced some beds and furniture in the rooms. Added concrete in the parking lot this past year, the wet spring was hard on the parking lot. New cabinets in the breakfast room and painted several sleeping rooms. Also added a outside deck area by the front entrance.

Thank you and hope to see you again.
jp

Reviewed November 15, 2011

The governors inn is with out a doubt the best place in town to stay friendly staff great management, good nights rest, good breakfast, and work or play its just a great place to say! great time here spent 6 mo. of my life here and would not choose anywhere else other than home thank you governors inn!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
PIERREGOVINN, Owner at Governor's Inn - Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2012

Thanks Kellen it was good having you around all fall.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We have stayed here before and loved it, but after this last trip we will never be back! The room was so dirty that a half hour after being there my son's knees were very dirty from him crawling on the floor in our room. There was tape that covered the threshold going into the bathroom. Under the dresser was very dirty and hadn't been vacuumed! The hot tub had a lot of sand in it! The staff just made excuses and didn't care when we brought it to their attention. The entire pool area was dirty and didn't look like it had been cleaned in a long time! Even the ceiling in the pool room was damaged. Instead of them fixing it properly they just painted a couple of 2x4's and nailed them up to try to hold the ceiling up. We also had a lot of problems with our room keys and the key reader for the outside door. We had to walk around the building at night with 3 small children just to get back into the building. We were only given a credit of $10. They did not have enough food for the entire time for breakfast! Obviously they do not appreciate our business and like I said previously, we will not ever stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kari C
PIERREGOVINN, Manager at Governor's Inn - Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you for the comments. We were aware of the sand in the hot tub it was from a broken pipe inside the sand filter we choose to wait till after the weekend was over to fix it as it would need to be shut down for 2 days and we did not feel it was hurting anything. The pool ceiling needs some work from the frost this past winter and is scheduled to be fixed in Nov. Yes the key machine on that outside door had troubles that weekend we cleaned it and it has been working fine. As far as breakfast goes i know she had some busy times and fell behind but we never ran out of food. I am sorry about these issues and will bring them up at the next staff meeting. You have stayed here before and things were good i hope you will give us another chance. Sorry and thank you for the comments
jp
general manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pierre
Days Inn Pierre
Ramkota Hotel
Ramkota Hotel
#4 of 10 in Pierre
Holiday Inn Express Pierre/Fort Pierre

Been to Governor's Inn - Pierre? Share your experiences!