“Basic, but comfortable”

Fort Randall Hotel & Casino
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pickstown
Fort Randall Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pickstown
Nebraska
“Basic, but comfortable”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice, clean hotel, but very basic. However, we just needed a place to lay our head! No hair dryer or coffee pot in room. Didn't bother us too much, we just went to the main lobby for coffee in the morning. It seems that the walls are pretty thin, so it can get noisy. This time we stayed on the 3rd floor and didn't have any problems. The rate wasn't too bad, $75 for 2 people on a Friday night. They do have a rate of $45 for sr. citizens on Wednesday night. The restaurant serves wonderful food. Had breakfast and dinner there.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor. The walls are pretty thin.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Cynthy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
OH
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We visited the casino one night in Feb. but did not stay at the hotel. The casino was very smokey, and we found the staff at the casino very unfriendly. The payout was average on the slot machines. Could not find any non-smoking areas.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank MohicanTraveler2

Travelers are raving about these Pickstown hotels

Hot Springs, South Dakota
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel rooms were worn. Lack of maintenance was obvious: the door of the wardrobe containing the TV was broken, and the plastic baseboard in the bathroom was pulled from the wall. The staff at the front desk were unfriendly and seemed to be bothered by my check-in. The food in their restaurant was awful. The hallways were intermittently noisy. I would never go back there and do not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
12 Thank traveller57747
Onawa, Ia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a room at the Fort Randall Hotel..We were quite disappointed with room and the casino. The room was nice and clean but very out dated..The beds were comfortable but most of the help were not friendly. I would stay there again as far as being comfortable in the room but I would not visit there if I were going just because of the casino. Most of the slot machines were also bingo machines which we did not understand and also did not win. The night in the casino was not very entertaining.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Marge22
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I visited South Dakota for a week in July of 2012. After Crazy Horse Mountain, The Black Hills, Mt. Rushmore and The Mammoth Site, I wanted to end the trip by visiting the Santee Sioux Museum, the Lewis and Clark Visitor Center near Yankton, and the Ponca Museum. I found the Ft. Randall hotel/casino to be perfectly located and booked 3 days stay. The rates were the cheapest of any motels I found ($59/night - total of $220 w/tax etc.) and their Four Directions restaurant was great food for very moderate prices. There was a poker tourney at noon on Saturday that was fun, and the seafood buffet afterwards in the Four Directions restaurant was superb. The Yankton Sioux who own and work the site were described by Lewis and Clark as "the most friendly of all the tribes we met" in their Corps of Discovery journal, and that has not changed. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. No excuses, just smiles and top notch service. I hated to leave. Not the Ritz but very clean, very well run, and very worth every penny.

Room Tip: WiFi is in all rooms, and I heard no noise even though my room was closest to the casino, ground flo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank MikeTurvey
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The staff in the restaraunt, bar, and casino as well as the store and security were very friendly and professional. On of the staff even ran across the street for me with no question or hesitation. Awesome! The front desk staff were 50/50! Some were nice and friendly while others were more interested in watching the TV. I stay there a lot with 5 other people for at least five days at a time. They never offer any up grades not even when asked. Thier supervisor will not return a phone call. They dont even give out complementary casino cards???? WH@! Rooms were ok, clean and neat.

Room Tip: ask for third floor room, better view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Paul D
Spencer
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have stayed here before but I have never given a rating. We stayed here for 3 nights recently and enjoyed it. Everyone from the front desk, housekeeping, restaraunt and casino staff were very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are very clean, the food was good and you can order an alcoholic drink in the dining room (another review said you couldn't). There is another motel about 1 mile a way that is fairly decent and is priced about the same but it does not have dining or the casino. If you have children this might not be the place to stay if you want entertainment for them because there isn't a pool or anything but within the next few years I think there will be

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Kathy38410

Been to Fort Randall Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!