$97
$90
$72
Agoda.com
$110
All reviewscarriage housegravel roadtriangle ranchthe main houseb and bsouth dakotathe dining room tableminuteman missile siteprivate bathwelcoming hostsbreakfast was deliciousblack hillsfrom chicagolog cabinroad tripliving roomwonderful stay
Reviewed June 5, 2010

It make take a while to get there, but the destination is worth it. After a long day of seeing the sights, this was the perfect place to rest. Lyndy and Kenny are the perfect hosts. The accommodations were superb and the breakfast was out of this world. And it was quite tasty, too. Thanks Lyndy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2010

What a delightful stay we had with Lindy and Kenny our hosts. The ranch is far out on the prairie and the stars at night are breathtaking to behold. We had dinner with them and it was a fun evening. The breakfast was very good as well.

Be aware the beds are only doubles but my husband who is tall survived. :-) The inn was clean and the location is fun with cattle sitting on the road. The old Sears kit house is history to see.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2010

First things first, this bed and breakfast is a little off the beaten path. To get here you need to exit the interstate, turn down a gravel road and drive for more than a mile or two - well past where most would believe civilization ended. This place really might be a little remote for some.

If you're like me, though, a little remote isn't a problem. Especially since the Triangle Ranch provides some of the most unique lodging available in the Badlands area - an area sorely in need of some lodging with character. The main house of the bed and breakfast is a handsome Sears catalog structure dating from the early 1900's. Maybe a little cozy and creaky, but lovely and evocative nonetheless. My wife, my baby and I stayed in the detached former carriage house - also a cozy, evocative structure - a few steps from the main house. (I would strongly advise choosing this room if you have noise concerns - either don't want to hear them or don't want others to hear them.) The carriage house featured a small kitchenette with a microwave, bunk beds, a sleeper sofa and an additional lofted sleeping area. We didn't spend a great deal of time in the room, but it was decorated in a homey Western style and was sufficiently comfortable.

The surrounding land is open to your exploration. While I didn't take much advantage of this, there appears ample room to get a taste of South Dakota's grasslands and, it appears, a piece of bottom land. Kenny, one of the owners, will allegedly take you hunting for any of a number of animals if you so desire. (No animals were shot during our stay, but another guest claimed to have sighted some unusual birds.) We spent most of our days in the Badlands, so we didn't have a great deal of daylight at the Ranch. What time we did spend strolling at the Ranch was well repaid in vistas of rolling grasslands and gnarly cottonwoods.

Without question, though, the meals served up by Lyndy are the highlight of this bed and breakfast. Each meal we enjoyed was a fantastic rendition of Midwestern farmhouse cooking - plate licking delicious and beyond hearty. Even better (at least in our case) the meals were served family style. The lodge guests and the hosts gathered around the dinner table for the meal and (once again, at least in our case) very enjoyable conversation. Kenny obviously relishes his role as host and prime conversation instigator, so I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation at this table were just as sparkling even if no one but Kenny opened their mouth.

The Triangle Ranch really did become one of the highlights of our most recent trip to the Badlands/Black Hills area. It provided unique lodging in a beautiful setting with people who really concerned themselves with our comfort. And we got a sample of the small-herd ranching lifestyle as practiced in Western South Dakota while taking in the scenic beauty of the Badlands. None of which you can get in any of the dreary options in nearby Wall.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2010

This was my first time at a B&B...a surprise New Year's Eve date from my boyfriend. And it was everything I could have hoped for...and more. The house is absolutely amazing! Not what one would expect in the middle of a cattle ranch in remote South Dakota. Mr Kenny took us on a tour of the house upon arrival and explained some of the rich history that makes the place that much more special. Miss Lyndy make us a romantic , candlelit dinner that night. She is such a wonderful cook...everything was to die for (especially the chocolate cake). The rooms are small, but cozy...and very period specific. I loved the attention to detail which brought to life some of the early 20th century. Each room has some of their family history behind it. We stayed in Grace's room (private bath) with the century-old furniture. I loved it! Be warned...Miss Lyndy's breakfasts will put the weight on you! She is an amazing cook, and I know if I stayed there too many more days you would've needed to roll me out of there! You will NOT start the day hungry! Each morning at breakfast we got to learn a little more about their family history. It was like visiting with old friends. So warm and hospitable. The house is only an hour or so from the Black Hills and Mt Rushmore, so we took a day trip out there. And they are just up the road from the Badlands...which we also took in. We were here in the middle of the winter and still felt warm and cozy...I can only imagine the beauty of the place the rest of the year! We will be back! Thanks so much Miss Lyndy and Mr Kenny!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Triangle Ranch is the best. Kenny & Lyndy have a beautiful home on a remote piece of land yet close enough to visit Minuteman, the Badlands, and Wall Drug. The breakfasts were outstanding as was the dinner that came with our package. We will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family