“Service stinks”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Los Angeles, California
“Service stinks”
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Avoid the restaurant. The manager, Corey, got in a fight with me! I told him our waitress took 30 mins to bring a soup, and 45 mins to bring our main course, a salad. He screamed, "You want me to comp your meal because of Bad Service?!" This after admitting the waitress forgot to put our order in. Unbelievable. Expensive too. To top it off, he had the nerve to tell us never to come back! ("We're not a 'fit' for you.")

We left as soon as we could the next morning. Had a fantastic breakfast at nearby Al's Oasis, a huge busy landmark where the waitress ran to bring our order. I was so grateful after the stinking night at the Cedar Lodge that I gave her a $10 tip!

Will never stay at here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Queen1000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was in a bus tour group of 41. The beds are 33 inches high! I happened to have a tape measure. The desk person offered a step. After 3 1/2 hours and three trips to the desk a guy delivered a plastic milk crate!! He said all of the steps had been given out. I took a photo of it to the desk and the same guy showed up with a step he claimed he just found.

I am recovering from a broken ankle, bruised nerve, and strained knee. My bed is so hard it was causing back pain. I have been sitting on a couch since midnight (it's almost 5 AM) with my walker and covered with towels because the flys are so bad. I'm waiting to get out of this God forsaken place!

Also, very few outlets. When I unplugged a lamp to plug in a cord with nothing attached, sparks flew. This hotel is not clean, one ice maker drips constantly, the ATM machine is out of order, I bought the only package of Alka Selzer in the gift store (single dose).

Keep driving!

• Stayed July 2010
3 Thank heidipup
Reviewed January 12, 2010

there is no doubt the place is very nice and very apealing to the eye. it is a bit off the beaten path but nothing to far away.

i cant speak for the rooms on the place just the resturant. Everything is very expensive and over priced the food is pretty bland and nothing special especially for the price.
the best time to go is on
saturday or sunday when they have the special all you can eat prime rib and sides that its very good. The service was also not the best again referring to the restraunt.

• Stayed July 2010
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We visited this hotel two years ago and were excited to return. Sadly, we were greatly disappointed. The first impression of this hotel is amazing. It is well decorated and absolutely beautiful when you walk through the front door, but once you pass the entrance area, the place goes downhill fast. The hotel has declined greatly since our last visit. Our first room had a terrible odor and ants crawling all over the air conditioning unit, but it had the refrigerator we had requested. I called front desk and we were moved to a smaller, very dark, but better smelling and ant-free room without a fridge. When we asked at the front desk about the fridge, we were told we hadn't booked a "room with a view" so we couldn't have a fridge. When I told front desk the original room had a fridge, I was told that was impossible, "those rooms never have refrigerators in them!" I guess I was seeing things, funny though... my kids saw the same "impossible thing"! Returning to our room, I reached for the remote and it was sticky. I always travel with Clorox Wipes, so I got one out and proceeded to wipe down the remote. As I looked around the room, I noticed dirty fingerprints on light switches and spills and stains on the walls and carpet. I opened up the drapes and noted white stains on one of the bedspread. I immediately removed the bedspread and again traveled to the front desk to request clean linens to put on top of the blankets so we didn't have to touch them. It was obvious the front desk was getting pretty sick of us. Returning to the room, I took the Clorox wipe and continued wiping down the switches, door knob, etc. By the time I had finished, the wipe was black with dirt. Needless to say, I got out more wipes and cleaned the room myself. When I took the lid off the ice bucket, the underside of lid, where it touches the ice, was covered in spills, stuck on food, and dirty fingerprints! I should also add that there was a good size hole in the bathroom floor, next to the tub, that looked and felt like the floor underneath was rotted. Also, the bathroom door handle was falling off and the bottom of tub was so stained we showered standing on a towel. I know, we should have packed up and left, but we were sick of driving and I'd cleaned the room!!! We didn't know of many places to eat in Chamberlain so we decided to give the restaurant a try. We had enjoyed two very nice meals during our last visit, so maybe it was still good. Bad idea! The menu had changed and the prices had increased quite a bit. We ordered burgers, salads, and nachos, which we were told were very, very large. The burgers were fair, the salads basic, and the nachos a joke! Our waitress seemed to be the only one taking care of any customers, while four other staff members stood around the hostess desk, laughing and talking most of the time we were there. I was very uncomfortable walking passed them, as I saw them pointing, talking behind their hands, then laughing as a table of guests left just ahead of us. After we left the restaurant, my daughter pointed out to me a big black bug, about two to three inches long, she had killed by the steps leading up to the second floor. The next morning, after we saw the entry floors being washed, the bug remained exactly where it had been the night before. I will say the beds were comfortable and the AC worked great, but that's the only positives I can share. In the room, a card was left that requested guests to give the hotel a list of anything in the room that needed attention. I filled the list and turned it in when we checked out. I told the desk clerk how much we had looked forward to staying here before our arrival, but that we were so disappointed, we would never return. I also showed her the dead bud, still in the same spot. She apologized, but nothing else was offered. This hotel needs someone to go through each room and oversee a proper cleaning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank RoadTrip4
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Have stayed numerous times, property continues to decline, no updating. Many carpet stains, doors stained, elevator marred, obviously no money being spent to keep property up. Beautiful location on the Missouri river/Lake. Too bad property is being left to erode. Good front desk service, terrible food. Do not eat at resort!

• Liked — front desk
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Stopped in at Cedar Shore Resort for a relaxing weekend during the summer, and left with so much more. I can't say enough about the staff and the service - everyone I encountered did everything in their power to make my stay as pleasant as possible. Had a lovely evening at the Tiki Bar, enjoying live music with the beautiful Missouri River as a background as well as a perfectly cooked meal. If you have the chance to stay at this resort, I highly recommend that you do so.

Stayed June 2007
South Dakota
Reviewed August 13, 2006

The resort is a beautiful getaway. It is such a serene drive out to the resort on Shoreline Drive. The people that work there are very friendly and are more than accomodating to your needs. The restaurant serves very good quality food at a reasonable price. You will never feel out of place at the resort. It is the perfect fit for whatever your specific needs may be. Wonderful massage therapist on staff, and a great view from the deck. We sat outside and had a drink from the Tiki bar and enjoyed our dinner while taking in the sites and sounds of the beautiful Missouri River. The rooms are very comfortable and the riverside rooms have wonderful private decks that let you enjoy the environment from the comforts of your own room. We also had a pet there and they are very open with the animals. It was wonderful! They had a pet exercise area...and I would suggest a riverside room-1st floor to anyone with a pet because it was so convenient to take our dog outside through our own deck entrance/exit. It was a shame to have to leave this beautiful place. I will definitely be back again! I also am going to suggest to my company that we hold a retreat here, because they have a wonderful convention center attached to the hotel. They even welcome the children with many fun activities for them as well!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — it was May fly season
  • Tips/Secrets — great place to just get away and relax. No need to leave becasue everything is here for you to enjoy.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma
Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma
Dakota Winds Motel
Dakota Winds Motel
#1 of 2 in Kimball

Been to Cedar Shore Resort? Share your experiences!