“Definitely worth the stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cedar Shore Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
“Definitely worth the stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

We recently came traveling through town and needed a place to stay. It was definitely the "off season", but nice to be somewhere quiet. The view was beautiful, and the room was great. Nice and clean, considering we were in one of the 'pet friendly' rooms. Loved the bathrooms!
Only downside was the restaurant. There was one in the hotel. Food was highly overpriced and there were no non-meat options for dinner. My husband's steak was also overcooked. We would be back to the hotel, but would definitely recommend eating out!

Beautiful property and a great place to walk the dogs!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bren74
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the trip and staying with us! The bathrooms have had some upgrades done to them and it is nice you noticed! I will pass your comments on. Thanks for your business and your review! Please come and see us again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

We held my daughter's wedding at the Resort and it was beautiful. The staff was very accommodating to us. The food was awesome. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. My family was very happy with our whole weekend experience.

Room Tip: I love the rooms that walk out to the riverside, and I love the rooms on the top floor with the rive...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so happy you enjoyed the resort. We love weddings and really do enjoy being part of your family's special day.I will make sure to pass on your comments to the staff, it is fun to be able to share compliments and watch them glow. I love that it shows how much they care. Thank you for your review, and for choosing us for your special day.
Clear Lake, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here because we needed a last minute place in the Chamberlain area and this was the cheapest place on expedia. The room was nice enough until we looked closer. There was a pile of something (poop or dirt we are not sure) near the table, stains on the comforter that look like semen, hair pins on the floor and my foot was stabbed by an earring on the floor that was not mine. The shower didn't work properly hot was cold and cold was hot. When I spoke with the front desk I was to the brown stuff on the floor was out likely from someone who had a pet. Gross. We were not offered any discount or anything when I spoke with the front desk. I even showed them a photo of the unknown ick on the floor. All they said was sorry. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Tough Review. I am disappointed that you did not find the room up to par. I wish you had let us know the problems that night, we could have corrected those things or moved you to a different room. No excuses for a less than perfect room, and I apologize for that, but the stain was coffee and the "stain" on the bedspread was just a worn spot. The problem at the front desk is that when you pay Expedia up front, there is really no good way to discount your room. The desk clerk felt a little handcuffed and didn't know what to do, but apologize.Give us another shot on my dime and we think you would write a better review. Thank you for staying with us and your review. It is a tough one, but we know we are better than that, so we invite you back so we can prove it.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

On a lark, tried this resort near Chamberlain, SD between Christmas and New Years on a cross-country trip. Wonderful location and facility with clean, comfortable rooms. Would like to come back in the summer season to truly enjoy all the features of the resort.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We would love to have you back again in the summer,so you can sit on the deck, enjoy the river....relax while the sun is setting. It is truly memorable.
SD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and stayed here for a conference. The conference went well except the first day the conference room was exceedingly cool..even for my husband. However, everything else was pretty good. Our room, a single king, had a bedspread on it with a cigarette hole near the pillow area, and when I was about to look open the blinds on the window, I noticed lots of cobwebs in the top corner of the room with mosquitoes and a moth caught in the webs. On the positive side, the bed, while firm, was fairly comfortable and the bathroom was decent with enough towels. Internet was slow and spotty however. The food we had a the conference was really good and it seemed like they had stepped it up a little since the last conference we attended here. We will likely stay here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing about us. I can't really speak to your room concerns because when I went to inspect the room, none of those things were still there. I will tell you though, I am sorry for those things. I am happy you enjoyed everything else enough to come back again. When you do stop in and find me and I will buy you a drink.
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was truly impressed with the entire staff, building and area for our 4 days of training for the program I had at Cedar Shores. The food was excellent and our waiter/waitress staff was very friendly and visited with those in attendance which goes to show they know customer service. The rooms were wonderful, and with the remodeling they made things very accomodating even with the workers moving around. Only thing, the beds may be a little to high for some people to get up on to go to bed, make them closer to the floor. But the mattresses are very comfortable. Thanks for a great 4 days!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I really appreciate what you said about the hotel, but especially the comments on the staff. We try very hard and it is fun to see the staffs' faces when they hear compliments. I will never tire of seeing those smiles. I hope you were able to get out of meetings long enough to see other parts of Chamberlain/Oacoma. There is much to do, see and experience in our area and we love it when people stay long enough to take in the beauty we see every day. Come back again soon.
Clarksville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Here 3 days for a business meeting. Food was very good. They served our group breakfast and lunch every day. Very good wholesome food. There was some construction going on but it did not bother us. Glad to see them updating the hotel. See that as a positive. You have to do it while you are open. Not a big deal. Rooms, showers, and beds were very nice. Hard to find a good bed when traveling. These were very comfortable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind words. My biggest fear when we are re-modeling is the annoyance to our guests. Thank you for being patient with us. I see you are from Ohio, but please visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma
Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma
Dakota Winds Motel
Dakota Winds Motel
#1 of 2 in Kimball

Been to Cedar Shore Resort? Share your experiences!