“Really nice place to stay”
Review of Cedar Shore Resort

Cedar Shore Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Chicago Suburbs
“Really nice place to stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were in Chamberlain for a fishing excursion and chose to stay at Cedar Shore. The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and the breakfast in the restaurant was tasy. Will definiely be back next year! Only downside was that we got in late on Saturday nite and they had a band playing outside when I got into my room on the first floor. I called and asked when it would stop and I was assured 10pm. Sure enough, the music stopped right on time.

Room Tip: If you can afford it and will be spending some time, ask for one of the rooms along the river. They...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chicago50
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Kind words....Thank You! Thank you for your patronage! We love having bands on Friday and Saturday, they add to the fun of the outside deck. The downside is they are just a little loud sometimes to let them go past ten. We get comments when we stop at ten and we get comments if we go past ten. I hope the fishing was successful!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Cedar Shores several times for both work and pleasre. Our state convention was held here for many years. The last two times were part of a motorcycle trip. The resort had a band out on the patio. Good food, good drinks. Rooms are clean, service is always good and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We love the Poker Run. We have a great time. Just wish everyone got here a little earlier so we can get the party rolling quicker. Thanks for the review and thank you for your business! Very much appreciated!
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Over all this place is very average. My room was very clean so I did appreciate that. There was an old stain on the carpet, but who cares. Water pressure was ok. The tub did not hold water and the bathroom sink was very slow to drain. Internet was very weak. If you have verizon, have fun getting a signal. Staff was great. Food provided to our meetings was so so. (did not eat in the restaurant) Bar service was great and the drinks were great. Pretty location, but wierd smell, not sure if it was the river or what. You get used to it after a bit. Good place for a large gathering and meeting s though. The pontoon rental ends at 7pm, thought that was kind of a joke. I had never seen this before at a resort. The bed was comfy. SD tv on an HD set.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view when booking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, but I am happy that service and cleanliness was 5 star. I see you have done quite a few reviews. I look forward to reading some of them, I think it's great that you do that, and you seem to be thorough. We like our guests to take a good look when they are here, we love the feedback. I hope if you come back we can do a better job of impressing you as we continue to grow and expand! Thank you for your review.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently had a wedding held at Cedar Shore, and was very impressed with how well the staff accommodated us. The weather did not cooperate with the outside ceremony we had planned, but Cedar shore did their best to make us happy with the indoor ceremony. Our wedding was beautiful and the reception was amazing. Great food, friendly servers, awesome bartenders, everything. We had many people comment on how good the food was that was served, that doesn't happen very often at weddings I've been to. If we needed something, they were very helpful in getting it for us. As there were not any events planned a couple of days before the wedding, we were allowed to get in and start setting up decorations. We stayed at the resort for a couple of nights for our wedding and the room was fantastic. It was a river view suite, very clean, perfect for the bride and groom. The Sunday breakfast buffet was a great ending to our experience. They have a little bit of everything, and many of our guests enjoyed it as well. Overall, it was a wonderful experience!!

Room Tip: I recommend a riverside room on the first floor, easy access to the tiki bar with a beautiful view!
Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MeeshW
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and your wedding! We love weddings and trying to make your day the best day it can be. Sorry about the weather thing, I thought we had that all dialed in! I will let the staff know once again that they do make a difference! Enjoy married life and come back and see us!!
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I honestly wasn't expecting much from the accommodations when we stayed here for my cousin's wedding, however Cedar Shore did not even meet my low expectations. The good: location, awesome event bartenders, and somewhat comfortable bed. Yet the service certainly lacked, especially with the often downright rude staff (breakfast hostess, I'm looking at you). Breakfast was cold and my husband had flies in his orange juice. The in-room refrigerator died and leaked all over the room (and my clothing) and the staff made no attempts to make amends. Like I said, in the middle of South Dakota I was not expecting the type of hotel I prefer to frequent, but with this quality and service, Cedar Shore should consider dropping "Resort" from their name.

• Stayed June 2013
Brutal review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. If we get a chance to fix it for you in some way, we would like the chance to show you that your stay was not typical in any way. I am sorry. Let us make it up to you!
Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We always stay at Cedar Shore on our road trips to MN from CO. We decided to meet relatives from MN and go fishing for 4 days. Weather was a problem, got out one day. Went to visit the Indian School across the river. Very interesting. Food at the Resort is very good. The people working there are very nice. We love to stay at Cedar Shore. See you next trip

Room Tip: Get a river view room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
With a review like this I think we love you too! Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry your trip had to include relatives, ( just kidding...you may actually like them) bit I am glad you enjoyed the river. Please come again!
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here on our way west, and really enjoyed the property. The location cannot be beat, the views are gorgeous. The evening we stayed, the weather was perfect, and it was fun to sit out on our balcony, enjoying a bottle of wine, and watching all of the outdoor activity. But, we did have a few issues. Both the entry door, and the door to the balcony, needed attention. The entry door did not seem to close right, and did not feel secure when locked. And the balcony door, appeared to be rotted under the door stepping out, and the balcony itself had peeling paint. The other thng was, that on arrival we were given a rate about $50 above what we had reserved our room for. We were sent an e-mail confirmation, which luckily we had a copy of, so why was that rate suddenly inflated? The problem was quickly rectified, and the check-in attendant handled it well. We would love to return, enjoyed our stay here otherwise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you saw the beauty of our home on the river. I am happy the staff was able to attend to your concerns. The rate difference is a little baffling to me as well. The next time you stay maybe you can get me a little more information so we can get to that problem before someone else has the issue. Yikes...big difference. Come back and see us and relax on the river!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma
Oasis Inn
Oasis Inn
#5 of 6 in Oacoma
Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma

Been to Cedar Shore Resort? Share your experiences!