“Upscale Restaurant”
Review of Cedar Shore Resort

Cedar Shore Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have eaten at the Cedar Shore restaurant numerous times. It has a very nice atmosphere and decor. The only thing I find disappointing is the lack of a river view from the restaurant.
The food is very good and priced reasonably. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DIVESD
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for your review and continued patronage. Your comment we list under "things we wish we could redo!" .We wish the same thing and is part of the reason we opened up the deck to serving food and beverage, weather permitting.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed at campground one night booked two. no security at night. sites falling into river due to erosion. no fence very dangerous for children. exposed sewage pipes due to erosion. ankle deep water in ladies shower. clerk indifferent to any problem. keep on driving !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank james j

This gentleman told staff that he wanted a full refund or he would write bad reviews and he made the same threat in an e mail. I think that will end my discussion.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed at this resort one night for a business meeting.
The rooms were spacious with very tall beds. The joke going around was how everyone needed to climb in their bed or get a step ladder. Hopefully, this would not be the case in an accessible room. There were 4 pillows on each bed, but they seemed a little hard and all the same.
My room smelled like someone had literally dropped a bottle of perfume by the front door. Another room smelled like smoke so much they had to be moved to another room. It is a non-smoking motel.
Bathroom was roomy and shower had nice temperature and spray.
There is an onsite restaurant, lounge and outdoor tiki bar. Service was slow and not overly friendly. We were sitting in the lounge and just when it cooled off enough to think about eating outside, they closed the outside to food. We ate at the nearby Al's Oasis and then went back to the tiki bar which closed at 11:30pm on Tues nite. It was very dark out there as there were no lights to see where you were walking and after the bar closed, it was completely dark.
Didn't use the pool or hot tub but there were people in the pool occasionally. There is a gift shop, small work out room, small game room, and the room that said SPA on the door had a pool table in it.

Room Tip: If you are there for fun, make sure and get a waterview room. They have a porch (1st floor) or balco...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kikiSD

I am impressed with how thorough your review was! I can't comment on all that you wrote, but I will let you know that we do close down food service on the deck at dusk, it just gets too hard to cook when it is dark. I also would like to reopen the spa, but I need to find a qualified massage therapist. I would even pay you a finder's fee! I appreciate your business, and your thoughts. Thank you!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice resort on the river.has a restaurant and bar. Room was nice and clean. A little pricey for the area. Would be better if pool area had a time for adults only. Food at the restaurant was ok. Could of used more spice on the steak. Best part was they let me park my motorcycle under there canopy for the night.

• Stayed: July 2012
CSRRM, General Manager at Cedar Shore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thanks for visiting us and for your thoughts. We do like to make sure motorcycles are on cement and close in case of storms, so i am glad you took advantage of that. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had a wonderful time at Cedar Shore Resort. The room was clean and comfortable. Our dinner was great and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. We loved the option of sitting outside and listening to the music or hitting the bar area and watching TV. We were impressed with the friendly atmosphere. The employees and the management team jumped in where needed to service the guests and there was a genuine care and concern by all to assist with the needs of every guests. We are already planning our return and will bring family and friends with us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your review. I was able to read it to the management staff today at our weekly meeting. It is nice to see smiles on their faces when I can give them a pat on the back. So "We" appreciate your upbeat review!!! Thank You!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I cannot comment on the rooms as I only ate at the restaurant. The food was surprisingly good. I didn't expect good calamari here but really liked it when my wife ordered it. I did debate whether to stay here but balked at the price when I knew we're just going to be here a few hours. But if their rooms are as tired looking as the restaurant, bathrooms and lobby, I would have been unhappy with spending over $200 for a room. I don't doubt that Cedar Shores was really nice 10 years ago but it's time for a renovation.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant and we agree with you on the restaurant needing an update and that is in the planning stages as we speak. The same for the bathrooms. The lobby is a little more complex, but we have had some serious discussions on how to do what you said. The only room we have at $200 is our Family Suite and it has two double beds and a seperate room with a king bed. It is a room with a deck facing the river and the view alone is definitely worth the money, but if you are traveling with family, it is a great deal if you are looking at needing two rooms otherwise. Your comments are appreciated and we are working on the updates you mentioned.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for 3 evenings and were really pleasantly surprised. Rooms were great (118 and 116) and they opened to a very nice back porch right along the river. We had dinner here the first nite and were disappointed. Nothing was fresh made. I had a sense it was all prepackaged and ready for the microwave.
During May, they have a fisherman's special room rate of $79 per month. Impossible to beat that price for such a nice room. And for seniors, please note that the toilets are all ADA type toilets so they sit much higher than a normal toilet. For somebody with two artificial hips, I appreciated that creature comfort alot.
The hotel restaurant does not open for breakfast until 7am. So if you need to eat sooner than that, I would recommend Casey's Cafe. For dinner, try Charley's (steakhouse which is good but not really good) and Al's Oasis which is a good wholesome meal for a nice price.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money to get a room that opens to the back porch if the weather is nice and warm.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations worked well for you. I am disappointed in the food review, but I have been in the business long enough to know that we don't always get it right. I can assure you, we cooked your food fresh, no microwaved food.I am sorry we missed the mark on your meal, but I am happy you were able to find food elsewhere in town that worked. I am always happy when people come to town and they get to experience more about Chamberlain-Oacoma than just the resort. If you spent all your money at the resort I would be the happiest, but if you had a good time, that is the best outcome of all. Thank you for your review, I had fun reading it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
Baymont Inn & Suites Oacoma
Super 8 Chamberlain SD
#4 of 6 in Chamberlain
3 mi away
Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma

Been to Cedar Shore Resort? Share your experiences!