All reviews room was clean would stay here again waffles choice hotels first floor off the highway great sleep late at night black hills heated pool nice place rapid city needed a place to stay continental breakfast the wi fi microwave and refrigerator front desk person
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

Room smelled horrible and was not very clean. Neighboring room had dogs that barked a lot. Pool looked dirty, but could have been the lighting. And creepy people outside. Did not feel comfortable staying there with our kids so we left.

1  Thank Tara T
David C, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at the Quality Inn of Oacoma, it was great having you as one of our valued guests! I am aware that it has been some time since you stayed with us, but I am working on catching up on responding to reviews now that we are fully staffed again. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience during your stay. I apologize that your room and experience did not meet the standards that you had expected, and that it sounds like things were not acceptable to the standards that I have set to ensure your comfort of staying at this hotel property. We always appreciate any time that a guest experiences an issue to let us know right away, we always prefer to take care of anything that is an issue to you before you leave and know that you were satisfied with the outcome of your stay. We hope that you would consider staying with us again, if you are traveling through this area again in the future. Thanks and have a great day!

Reviewed May 23, 2019

This hotel is higher priced then other quality ends throughout the state with much more activity around them. We traveled east to west and South Dakota to see the attractions and this was the most expensive hotel we stayed in of the quality and within the week

Review collected in partnership with Choice Hotels

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us at the Quality Inn of Oacoma, it was a pleasure having you as our guest! I know that it has been some time since your stay back in May, but I am catching up on responding to reviews now that we are fully staffed again. Yes, hotel rates are a little higher in Chamberlain/Oacoma, due to the fact that our business is exclusively seasonal and the summertime demand is much greater than the supply offered in the area. Here at the Quality Inn of Oacoma, we always strive to give guests an exceptional experience with guest service, as well as room condition and cleanliness. We also go a little above the "average" hotel breakfast and offer a selection of hot items and try to offer as much variety that is all included with the room rate. I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and we hope that you will consider being our guest again in the future! Have a great day!

Reviewed May 21, 2019

very clean and comfortable room, beds were very nice and had a great nights sleep. easy to get to and the staff was very friendly. A good morning breakfast, nothing fancy but filling. It seemed like it had been renovated, everything was new or looked new.

Room tip: middle bottom floor was very nice and quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for having been one of our valued guests and for taking the time to give us a review! I know that it has been some time since you stayed with us back in May, but I am working on catching up on responding to reviews now that we are fully staffed again. I am happy to know that you were pleased with the quality of cleanliness as well as with your rest and the service you received. Thank you also, for your kind compliments of our hotel property. I hope that if you are traveling through this area again, that you would consider being our guest again. Thanks and have a great day!

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

It’s not ritzy. It’s not fancy. It’s a bit dated and is really for the road warrior but look past its shell and noisy ac and you will have a surprisingly comfortable bed that will make you forget where you are for a few hours. The staff was absolutely amazing and friendly. The hotel is dated but exactly what your would expect for a truck stop hotel. However, the bed was comfortable, rooms were clean. I was a bit disappointed that the coffee was cold at 5am, but she let me use the microwave to warm it up since I could not wait for a new pot to be brewed. If you are ok with no frills, but then again what choice apart from the Howard Johnson across the street do you have, you will get a good nights sleep. Be careful, if you want a good meal, you will have to drive into Chamberlain (10mins) to get it. Would stay here again in a bind.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Very good and clean motel. Staffing was excellent and breakfast in morning was good also. Easy to get on and off motel. The rooms was very spacious and felt really good to relax that evening. Very nice places to eat in this area. Also great view of the Missouri River which is across the road from motel. I would highly recommend this as a stopping place if you are traveling on this interstate.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Yvette M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a TripAdvisor review!

We certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Quality Inn! We are grateful for your kind words for our hotel and especially for our staff. We always strive to make a memorable mark in people's minds with our guest service, because that is what matters the most in making our guests feel welcome.

If you're ever traveling through this area again, we would enjoy having you as our guest again!

Kind regards,