“Fishing Trip with my sons”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Reviewed June 12, 2013

we stayed at this hotel before but this time was bad. My son's I-pod was stolen from our room. We had two rooms my grandsons and me in one room and my oldest sons in the second room. Saturday my sons room was not make up or cleaned. Saturday is when the I-pod was stolen. The master key for the rooms was left in the door next to our room and then on the table outside our room. My son turned the master key into the front desk. There was no cleaning people in site but the master was left on the second floor for everyone to use. Other rooms had items missing. Very bad stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Dustin N, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit, I am truly sorry for your unsatisfactory experience at the hotel. There are so many things that happened during this stay that I am embarrassed that any of this occurred. Your credit card has been reimbursed for your stay. Please once again accept my apology for the inconvenience that you had experienced.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma

Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I must have ended up in room 109 courtesy of the rude and unhelpful front desk attendant Carly. At check in she informed me that the direct billing for my company had not been set up and she would need to charge my card for me to stay the night. She was more than content to have me go elsewhere for the night. After several sighs and requests from me she called a manager who gave her permission to do the direct billing. She told me several times that she would have to now enter all my info (name & address) in the computer (loud sigh). This took her all of 5 minutes, no kidding. Room 109 is right across from the front desk, ice and vending machines. Enough said. Had quite a long day so fortunately it did not keep me awake. Breakfast was lacking, not what you'd expect for a $110 a night place. Plastic cutlery, paper plates & bowls had to come from a dollar store they were so flimsy. Would consider staying again for the right price, when there on business.

Room Tip: Do not get put in room #109
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent visit to the hotel. I would like to apologize for your experience with the front desk attendant and noisy vending area. The front desk staff has been retrained in customer service and Maintenance is in the process of relocating the ice machine to a more desirable location. While we strive to make every guest feel "right at home", every so often the customer service gets lost in the hotel policies. Our direct bill policy being that a direct bill done through a government agency must be pre-approved by the manager and arranged with the hotel before a guest can check in and bill their room charges to that agency. It helps protect the hotel from fraud as well as any agency or business involved. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that it had caused you and hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 13, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Found a couple open cans of beer in the fridge and the room smelled a little of stale cigarette smoke. Other than that the room was clean and the breakfast was good

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
Quality Inn
Super 8 Chamberlain SD
Super 8 Chamberlain SD
#4 of 6 in Chamberlain
Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma

Been to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Oacoma? Share your experiences!