“Pleasant stay”

Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oacoma
Reviewed October 24, 2009

The room was lovely and clean. The gal at the front desk was less than friendly, but not rude. The breakfast room was very nice and the breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean. Good price for a nice room. We had a King room.

Al's Oasis, just down the road was a good place to shop and eat from a varied menu, including buffalo. There was an antique store across the road.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2009

This is a nice, average price hotel. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but on the hard side, which we like. They have a pool and hot tub, a bit on the small side but still nice. It was your average continental breakfast with waffles you could make yourself. The only complaint is that the food preparation area was way to small and crowded. There was only one toaster and waffle maker and way too many people trying to use them. Some people just gave up and left.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This motel in general is very clean. The bed was the most comfortable motel bed I have ever slept on. With my veterans discount, my cost for the night was under $60. The room included a microwave oven and had free wi-fi. All in all, this was the best "bang for the buck" I can remember.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2008

This was a horrible stay. The worst part was the inconsiderate managment and staff! I was appalled to be walked in . . . in my room; it was in the morning, well before check-out . . . AND we had our 'do not disturb sign' up! The manager first said I made it up when i mentioned my concern at check out. Then he said he had to do it because he had to get in the rooms early because they were so short staffed. when I wrote Days Inn, both the local and regional office. I finally received a response from only the regional office, stating that they take no responsibilty for the Day's Inn b/c it is a franchise . . . I have attempted to contact the Days Inn itself via phone, email, and letter . . . with no response, no apology.
It really irks me, too, that they have an award for 'stellar hotel of the year' on the wall!
I have never been so disrespected, treated so poorly, or dealt with a more unreasonable person as this manager! DON'T STAY HERE (oh, and he said they are 'too short staffed to clean the hot tub, that is why it is dirty . . . but they leave it open for guests to use . . . SERIOUSLY????) How can this be ignored!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank orangesandcoffee
Reviewed September 1, 2007

We were here for a Powwow, so a hotel room wasn't our highest concern. It served it's purpose...comfy enough and nice beds. Al's Oasis just down the street was great for a meal.
Room had no fridge, no iron - the staff were very reluctant to even loan out one! Breakfast basic. Housekeeping a bit slack.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 17, 2007

We decided to stay here because it left us only a short drive to get home the next day. The front desk person was fairly friendly and the room was okay, your standard Days Inn room. Small and only thing to see out back was a brick wall but oh well, we had been driving all day and just wanted dinner and to sleep. Went to get in bed...yuck!!!! Sheets (both top and bottom) had a suspicious looking spot on them. I was not even really upset, figured things happen, oh well. I called the front desk and asked for more sheets. I was not at all sharp or angry when I called. They did promptly bring new sheets, and offered to put them on the bed, I said no, we can do it, just take the dirty ones. All was fine until they took it upon themselves to call me back and tell me that the sheets were not dirty, just had spots from the laundry on them! Well, I am not a dummy and I can tell a stain (coresponding on the top and bottom sheet) from a laundry spot. So that kind of made me mad. Then the kicker was the next morning they decided to give us a wake up call at 6:30 a.m.--when we had never asked for one! We packed up, skipped the breakfast, and got the heck out of there. I did write a letter to Days Inn upon return (as well as one praising another Days Inn we had stayed at) and got a reply that the Days Inn in Oacoma was not owned by the company, but was a franchise. They said they would forward our concerns to the owner but we never got any other response, not even an apology.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
chamberlain, south dakota
Reviewed April 28, 2004

The friendly service and nice accomodations will always allow me to recomend the Days Inn of Chamberlain/Oacoma in South Dakota. The staff is exceptionally kind and ready to serve their clients, and the hot waffles in the morning are really great! The heated indoor pool and spa are always clean and nice to have their along with very nice and quiet rooms! Thanks for a great place to stay!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
Quality Inn
3 mi away
Cedar Shore Resort
Cedar Shore Resort
#4 of 6 in Oacoma

Been to Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma? Share your experiences!