“Adequate, No negatives”

Reviewed November 5, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked my reservation 11 months in advance because the Chamberlain/Oacoma area is one of the most popular spots for opening pheasant hunting in South Dakota. I don’t remember which hotels/motels were available now, but I do remember there were only three motels that had any rooms left, with one of these being the Days Inn.

On the day of our reservation, we arrived in Chamberlain about 11:00 AM and stopped at the motel in the hopes of checking in early so that we would be guaranteed a room because we knew we weren’t going to be back to the hotel until late that night. I do this whenever possible because I have lost rooms in the past during busy times, even though I have guaranteed the room with a credit card. The gal at the desk graciously let us check-in early and even though our room wasn’t ready yet, she checked us in and gave us keys.

When we first drove up to the motel we noticed that the roof was being re-shingled, however we really didn’t pay much attention to it. Unfortunately, Sunday morning at 8:00 am, we were loudly reminded of this fact. Banging and shaking was coming from the ceiling of our room. So much for sleeping in on a Sunday morning. Shortly after being woken up from the loud banging, housekeeping appeared at our door and wanted to come in and clean the room because our room was tagged as a “no-show”. I quickly got up and went down to the front desk because I didn’t want to take the chance that the motel would give our room to another party, however when I reached the front desk, they had caught the error and were already in the process of taking care of the issue. The rest of our stay was non-eventful.

The Days Inn we stayed at was what I expected of a Days Inn. They don’t offer anything fancy or special, but they always provide a clean room and a comfortable bed at a fair price. I would have preferred to have a room with a mini-frig, and while some of their rooms do, ours did not. A minor inconvenience for us.

This particular Days Inn offers a continental breakfast which consisted of a variety of rolls, cold cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffles, plus juices and hot coffee. There were plenty of items to choose from. I always enjoy being able to eat right at the motel rather than having to find a café somewhere in town.
I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After many review searches, this Days Inn seemed to have the best ones. The lobby is very large and the young man was quite accommodating. We got a double queen room for $55, it was clean, linens were crisp and all smelled good. Delicious coffee and a generous selection of continental breakfast items.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Doing a late of traveling I have tried to pick hotels that I know offer nice/good guest services. I failed in this one. First I reviewed the hotel on Daysinn website (which by the way is part of the Wydham chain) I then called the Days Inn and made the reservation. If you do not know what "MR" stands for them let me tell you-"meeting room. Seriously, why would a hotel use a meeting room as a guest room. The room itself had 2 bathrooms (ok, that;s a plus-right? Wrong the lightbulb in the 1 bathroom blow out and so really you will walk a8ft in the dark to use it. Unfortunately the other bathroom was 25 feet away. Speaking of feet-the TV was 25 feet away from the bed-anyone got a pair of binoculars? The remote control wouldn't work unless you stood up and walked in the middle of the room, The desk where you might put your computer was 25 feet away from the beds as well as the refrigerator. Now let's comment on the beds-murphy beds-the kind that when not in use lift up and go into the wall. The problem here is that the framing is made of metal and lays flatly on the floor-how many times can 1 person stubbed their toes on it. The price for this room-Im sorry, isn't worth it. I have to mention that a front desk staff member needs manners and a lesson in customer service. I work in customer service and I'm sorry, she was just down right rude. When i asked if there was a room on the first floor (this is what I prefer and it is listed in my preferences with Wyhdam) Iwas told-you get what you are assigned. That should have been my first sign to cancel the reservation and leave and go right now the street to the Oasis Hotel or slept in my car. As for the pool-green-and this is an indoor pool-it had several spots where the paint was completely gone on the bottom. The hotel tub was even green-I have stayed in many hotels and indoor pools are not green because of the paint. Where's the bananas and yogurt? Not much of a selection for breakfast items.

Room Tip: Try the Oasis just a few yards down
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Allen O, General Manager at Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

We apologize for the gentleman's bad experience with a burned out bulb. We do rent this room almost every night. It is large and in demand by hunters, fishermen, and families who appreciate the extra space and the extra bathroom. The 32 inch tv also has a builtin DVD which is viewed easily from the entire room. Sometimes when only one or two rooms are left, a good fit might not be achieved. We should have suggested this guest take a look at the remaining room and be satisfied before signing in. 100% satisfaction is hard to achieve but we do try to give all guests a satisfactory stay. Our goal is to have only positive reviews to comment on. Thankyou

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Traveling on a VERY hot day...stopped here with no reservation.Price very reasonable and near a very nice restaurant, Al's Oasis

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oacoma
Quality Inn
#4 of 6 in Chamberlain
Cedar Shore Resort
Cedar Shore Resort
#3 of 6 in Oacoma

Been to Days Inn Chamberlain/Oacoma? Share your experiences!