“Traveling through.”

Days Inn North Sioux City
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First time at this Days Inn. Was informed that it had recently changed hands and was looking to get a better name. Check-in went quick and had a non-smoking room on the first floor. Room was clean and had a nice TV. Shower was a little out of date, but clean. WI-fi was easy and had a strong signal. Needed a few more electrical outlest, but understand this is not a new place. Quiet during the night, stayed during the week. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

When I called to reserve a room under a wedding block that had already been reserved, I was told the wedding party reservation didn't exist. I was the sister of the bride and I knew it did, but the person I spoke with didn't believe me. Then I told the employee I would be paying cash and she told me I could pay at checkout time. The night we stayed I got a call at 11:30 at night to inform me I needed to come down and pay immediately. When I came down to pay I informed the employee what I had been told, and she just blew me off. My husband and children used the pool and were disgusted by the state of the ceiling, which looked like parts could just fall down at any moment. The only good point of this review is their breakfast. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had brought my daughter to a birthday party on October 8th. Upon picking her up the poor mother who through the bday party was being yelled at by a brown haired lady (manager) at desk. (October 9th 2011). They were arguing because of complaintes and the mother was charged $75 more then told upon check in. The manager was saying mean horrible things to the mom in front of my daughter and 10 other kids around the age of 7-10. Who would do this. Wouldnt even let the mom talk. The hotel was dirty and the pool was so green you could not see the bottom. I checked out the room and I have to say I would not pay money to stay in this hotel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels before and non of them has ever been this bad. I will not go back via party or not!! The manager should be ashamed and fired!!! A man that worked there agreed with the mom also but the manager had a hair some where and would not let it go. I feel sorry for the staff that work there!!! Do not recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Go to the hotel across the street
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
laura c, Manager at Days Inn North Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

This was booked by hotel employee. When reservation was made it was made for 6 people not 16 people. Dark haired lady was not the manager of the hotel. Another front desk employee was present when this took place and was told by both front desk people the lady was very rude and sarcastic to the front desk. A employee of the hotel should not act like this at their place of employment.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

If I had read the reviews first, I wouldn't even have looked at this one. It's a Days Inn now. I used a coupon from one of those books along the interstate & got a room for $49.99. I'm glad I went there 1st to check it out. Everything was clean, nice tv, nice tiny pool. Saturday night a tailgate party in back of parking lot, glad my room wasn't near there. Enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Use coupon book
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

dirty room. sheets looked as someone had been on them. carpet dirty, chairs were so dirty
you would not want to sit on them, wreaked of smoke in lobby and in our non-smoking room. I have stayed at comfort inns before and they have been good---
do not stay at this one

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Very unprofessional Staff. Room was dirty.

Only thing that made this stay bearable was the fact that it was a stay I earned with my Comfort Inn points.

Glad I didn't have to pay for it.

As I was leaving, I tried to wheel my bags out to the car..couldn't get through the Handicap ramp because of a refrigerator left to defrost right there in the handicap ramp. I alerted the staff to this..they said all their guests had left. How did they know that there wasn't a handicapped guest that was coming.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Check in went ok. Got into the room tired and ready for bed. Pulled back the blankets and sheets found a pile of what looked like sand, drool and snot on them full of excuses when finally got a hold of someone. Was suppose to receive gift card from management but have yet received.
Parking is shared with another hotel/motel
Location right off interstate

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Days Inn North Sioux City? Share your experiences!