“Horrible!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Days Inn North Sioux City
Sioux City, Iowa
“Horrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had brought my daughter to a birthday party on October 8th. Upon picking her up the poor mother who through the bday party was being yelled at by a brown haired lady (manager) at desk. (October 9th 2011). They were arguing because of complaintes and the mother was charged $75 more then told upon check in. The manager was saying mean horrible things to the mom in front of my daughter and 10 other kids around the age of 7-10. Who would do this. Wouldnt even let the mom talk. The hotel was dirty and the pool was so green you could not see the bottom. I checked out the room and I have to say I would not pay money to stay in this hotel. I have stayed in a lot of hotels before and non of them has ever been this bad. I will not go back via party or not!! The manager should be ashamed and fired!!! A man that worked there agreed with the mom also but the manager had a hair some where and would not let it go. I feel sorry for the staff that work there!!! Do not recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Go to the hotel across the street
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
laura c, Manager at Days Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
This was booked by hotel employee. When reservation was made it was made for 6 people not 16 people. Dark haired lady was not the manager of the hotel. Another front desk employee was present when this took place and was told by both front desk people the lady was very rude and sarcastic to the front desk. A employee of the hotel should not act like this at their place of employment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

If I had read the reviews first, I wouldn't even have looked at this one. It's a Days Inn now. I used a coupon from one of those books along the interstate & got a room for $49.99. I'm glad I went there 1st to check it out. Everything was clean, nice tv, nice tiny pool. Saturday night a tailgate party in back of parking lot, glad my room wasn't near there. Enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Use coupon book
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

dirty room. sheets looked as someone had been on them. carpet dirty, chairs were so dirty
you would not want to sit on them, wreaked of smoke in lobby and in our non-smoking room. I have stayed at comfort inns before and they have been good---
do not stay at this one

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these North Sioux City hotels

Muncie, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Very unprofessional Staff. Room was dirty.

Only thing that made this stay bearable was the fact that it was a stay I earned with my Comfort Inn points.

Glad I didn't have to pay for it.

As I was leaving, I tried to wheel my bags out to the car..couldn't get through the Handicap ramp because of a refrigerator left to defrost right there in the handicap ramp. I alerted the staff to this..they said all their guests had left. How did they know that there wasn't a handicapped guest that was coming.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

Check in went ok. Got into the room tired and ready for bed. Pulled back the blankets and sheets found a pile of what looked like sand, drool and snot on them full of excuses when finally got a hold of someone. Was suppose to receive gift card from management but have yet received.
Parking is shared with another hotel/motel
Location right off interstate

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Road Warrior
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

Well, I have to say I got a chuckle when I read another review of this hotel and their dealings with the general manager as I could totally picture her doing and saying all those things.

I myself had the "pleasure" of a check in from the manager and will say that she is a tough and scary individual. I didn't have any problems with my stay but had I had I probably would have just kept my mouth shut rather then deal with her. She has a very abrasive personality to say the least. In my 500+ Choice Hotel stays I can't recall ever having a check in like that, it's like one of those novelty restaurants where the waitresses are snotty and have an attitude on purpose only here its not an act, she really does have a nasty attitude. The way I was treated I felt like a prisoner being checked into a prison or a recruit being checked into basic training, that's the "warm welcome" I received and I think she was having a good day. By the way I often wonder why a person like this chooses to work in the customer service industry :shrugs:.

Anyway, I guess the reason she keeps her job is that this hotel requires an iron fist to keep it running smoothly and keep the employees in line and she probably does that quite effectively. Still she really needs to be behind the scenes and not out at the front desk dealing with the customers.

Beyond the customer service issues the hotel itself isn't all that bad. My room was quite clean and reasonably comfortable. The housekeepers seems to do a nice job, probably out of fear for their jobs/lives. One of the other big problems with this hotel is that it shares a parking lot with a really seedy Red Carpet Inn and there are a lot of sketchy individuals always hanging around. Whenever I stay here I usually have my wife go in the room and lock the door while I bring the luggage in, it can be quite creepy checking in after dark.

All in all this hotel is OK if your just passing through town and you don't take things in life too seriously, otherwise your probably going to be sorely disappointed. In reality this hotel would probably be better off as an independent, I'm pretty certain the manager is violating some of the customer service policies that allow it to use the "Comfort Inn" moniker.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Prairie Home, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

My Wife left our passports and her medication at the hotel. We had travel 500+ miles before we realized it. The hotel arranged for Fex Ex to do a special Saturday pickup and got the box to us before we were to cross the border. Staff treated us as royality. Rooms were super clean.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
#7 of 19 in Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dakota Dunes
Americas Best Value Inn- South Sioux City
Americas Best Value Inn- South S...
#2 of 5 in South Sioux City
Comfort Inn Sioux City
Comfort Inn Sioux City
#12 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Days Inn North Sioux City? Share your experiences!