“Average...not excellent”

Hampton Inn North Sioux City
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Average...not excellent”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

One night stay during road trip through the area. Perfectly average Hampton...I've stayed at others that were much better. Bed was good and I slept well. However, bathroom sink was slow to drain and the toilet seat wouldn't stay up (not a good thing for a male traveler). Breakfast was warm, not hot, and there was no microwave in the guest area to use for heat-up, and the attendant was nowhere to be found. Hopefully things will improve after the property remodel which is in progress. Until then, I can't recommend this particular Hampton for anything other than an "acceptable" stay.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DaveR19
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Our lobby remodel is complete and the tile on the upper floors is in progress this week...we hope it will be completed soon as well.
We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest suite and that you found our On the House breakfast warm instead of hot. We will share your comments with our team and department managers for correction.
We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wabasha, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We moved away from Sioux City years ago and travel back for many events so we've stayed at many different hotels in the Sioux City area over the years. This is the only hotel that we will return to. The room was very spacious, and the bathroom was huge. I like the fact that there is a full length mirror on the outside of the bathroom door, which made getting 3 people dressed for a wedding much easier. The beds were great, this is the first time I've slept a full 8 hours in any hotel. The hotel was booked solid but we didn't hear any noise all night. The breakfast was awesome and did change slightly every day so that was nice. The pool and hot tub were also great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, we truly appreciate your business and we are so glad we were able to make your stay outstanding. We all look forward to seeing you in the future.
Greenville, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great place to stay. Helpful staff and good location. We became members of Hilton Honors due to the managers welcome and all the helpful information we received. The complimentary breakfast was really good and the room was exceptional. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Howard W
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, we truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Omaha, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Hampton Inn's are always one of my favorite places to travel as a family and this hotel met all my expectations. The pool area was just what my family needed on our travels. The room was clean and comfortable. It was nice to have flavored water available in the lobby - a very elegant touch. And the Front Desk staff were great!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay, we truly love having you here. We all look forward to seeing you in the future.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've thought long and hard about how to write this review. I ended up going with average as while the good was great, the bad was terrible.

First off, the hotel is easy to find and has close convenient parking. There was some equipment (from the renovations?) in the parking lot which made it look a bit dumpy. The hotel is situated in a bit of an odd area in that there is not much around it by way of restaurants or shops. Eating choices in the immediate vicinity are fast food or gas station and a so-so pizza joint a couple miles down the road.

Like another reviewer I found it odd there was not an automatic entrance door, but I've come across the same thing at a few other hotels during my travels, so it didn't make a huge difference. The lobby area was very nicely decorated and comfortable. You could tell it had been updated recently. The front desk staff wasn't at the desk when I arrived, so I followed the instructions and pushed a button, to which they responded within about 30 seconds. I was welcomed as a gold member, but not provided with an automatic upgrade (I was given a whirlpool room upon asking). The manager that checked me was very pleasant and personable and it was evident she took a lot if pride in her work and wanted to make my stay exceptional.

The room was large and nice that it had a bed room and separate sitting area. The whirlpool was very comfortable and CLEAN (no stray hairs or film... Trust me, I looked before filling it up with water). The decor is definitely old and needs to be updated, but bottom line was everything appeared to be clean. Hopefully they'll start renovating the rooms to match the lovely lobby area.

Unfortunately the days I was there the area was having a massive heat wave and the AC unit just could even make a dent in oppressive heat. My room was stifling and humid to the point it was physically unpleasant and I was dripping with sweat. Seriously the heat and humidity in the room was so oppressive, I felt almost faint sometimes. Lucky for me I had the clean whirlpool which I ended up filling with cool water and sitting in order to cool down. In spite of the horrible heat I want to point out that hotel staff did everything they could to make it more comfortable, when I called down to ask for a fan, it arrived a minute later. The fan helped with the heat, but it was still too hot to do much. At one joint I propped open my room door to try to get some air flow from the lobby (which was cooler than my room).

In spite of the heat and lack of a fully functioning AC I slept fantastic. Much better than I had at other hotels that week. There's something about Hampton beds ... I sleep great in them.

I must have had the breakfast, but I don't recall much about it so I'd say it was satisfactory. Nothing really bad or really good to make me remember it either way. On my way out the next morning the front desk staff was friendly and acted like they remembered me. They really showed an interest in making sure I was comfortable there.

I was scheduled to stay for two nights but ended up heading out early since my work took less time than expected. To be honest, if the AC had worked and the temperature in my room hadn't been so extreme, I likely would've stayed another night. As it was, I just couldn't handle the heat without any relief. It's unfortunate though because all of the staff was so friendly and inviting it made me want to stay.

The bottom line on this hotel is while the room decor and lack of fully functioning AC made the room miserable, the wonderful staff and the great night's sleep pretty much evened out the bad, which is how I ended up going with an average rating. Had the AC worked and the room been more updated, I'd have given 5 stars. On the flip side, had the staff not been so pleasant and caring and sincere, I would've given only 1 star.

I would probably stay here again if it was during the winter or if I could be sure their AC was working

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lmeam
I am sorry that your experience at our Hampton Inn was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
LeClaire
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just stayed one night on my trip home. Hotel is very clean, room is very nice. I had a very large room with a great King size bed. One of the best nights sleep on my trip. I first stayed here last year, my stay this year was just as nice, I'll use this Hampton again the next time I'm traveling through the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, we appreciate your business and happy we made a special connection with you. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Lisbon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you are looking for an excellent hotel then you need to stay here. Easy to find, quite and not on a busy highway, beautiful decorations, great places to eat right down the road, and the breakfast is the best in any hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, and allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you. We all look forward to seeing you next time you are staying in our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Super 8 Sioux City South
Super 8 Sioux City South
#6 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Hampton Inn North Sioux City? Share your experiences!