“Excellent Choice”

Hampton Inn North Sioux City
Lisbon
“Excellent Choice”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you are looking for an excellent hotel then you need to stay here. Easy to find, quite and not on a busy highway, beautiful decorations, great places to eat right down the road, and the breakfast is the best in any hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, and allowing us the opportunity to be of service to you. We all look forward to seeing you next time you are staying in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maple Grove, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn because we were visiting Briar Cliff University. The hotel was very clean and comfortable hotel. The rooms were big and the staff was friendly. There was a nice breakfast with eggs, waffles, sausage, fruit, cereal, and more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank John M
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, we appreciate your business and your positive feedback, I will share with our team. We all look forward to seeing you in the future.
Cedar Rapids, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was great! The staff goes out of their way to make sure everything is perfect. The room was clean and fresh and the ammenities were a nice addition. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked and the food was perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, I am glad to hear we helped make your stay everything it should be and more. We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Glenwood, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My company has a corporate account with this hotel, it is a good value for our travels. The remodeled lobby looks great; the rooms are very nice (quiet). The continental breakfast is always great and has a wide variety of foods available. Wireless internet worked great - didn't have a chance to use the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay in the Sioux City area, we truly appreciate your business and hope you will think of us as your home away from home.
Steeleville, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful especially as we had to modify our reservation. Room was clean and quiet. We did not have breakfast as we had an extremely early departure time. The access to the interstate and gas stations made the hotel very convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn we truly appreciate your business and we are so glad we were able to make your stay outstanding. We all look forward to seeing you in the future.
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay. We have 8 children, ages 3-18 and used two rooms. The rooms were clean and spacious and the breakfast was delicious. The pool was clean and refreshing and it seemed like someone was always restocking the towels. The lobby was lovely and inviting and the kids enjoyed the free fresh-baked cookies at the desk! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay. We appreciate learning about our guests experiences and happy we made a special connection with you. We believe our service makes the difference to our guests, that and our cookies!
We hope to see you again on your travels through the Sioux City area.
Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Hampton Inns and am an HHonors member (Gold, former Diamond level) and this is the worst Hilton family hotel I've ever stayed at.
*Theres no handicap button on door entry (I thought one was required now?) and I swear, I held the door for a man in a wheelchair when I first entered!
*At check in I wasn't acknowledged as HHonors Gold, and the lady whispered to my son that she was going to give him a free Fresca because someone else didn't take theirs - Gold & Diamond are supposed to get a free snack and drink. It says so right on the counter!
*As I was taking the last chocolate chip cookie, the older lady checking in behind me
*They still have the old, white and lumpy bedspreads.
*The bathroom has not been updated like most, especially sink and counter.
*I heard sounds throughout the night from other rooms - man coughing in room next door, someone with walkie talkie roaming the halls at 3:00 AM, and the floor creaking from someone walking in room above.
*I smelled cigarette smoke in the hallways and elevators. I didnt bring smell into my room, but i discovered on 1/2 of my 2nd floor are smoking rooms! I haven't stayed at a hotel that allows smoking in many years. The Hampton Inn website says smoking is available in guest rooms - I didn't notice that when booking. My room didn't smell like smoke, which was good.
*At breakfast, the eggs were the small-nugget kind. The oatmeal was stuck to inside of container, dry and almost gone by 8:15 am. I asked if they were going to have more and the gentleman said "Yeah, that's all we're going to have today."
*The newly remodeled fitness room looked great, except no remote for the tv to turn it on/off/volume. There was a sign that said disposable ear buds available, but no, all gone. I asked front desk to help. He came to fitness room, said he'd be right back to get headphones from someone's desk ... he never came back! I can't make this stuff up!!!
*Finally at check out, I went to drop off my key and said, "all done." I waited for a "how was your stay?", but only got a smile. I didn't feel like explaining all of this verbally with my family next to me after that. That's why I'm writing this here and will send an email to GM and see if I get a reply and mention on their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank OhiOkie
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Super 8 Sioux City South
Super 8 Sioux City South
#6 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Hampton Inn North Sioux City? Share your experiences!