“good room at a good price”

Hampton Inn North Sioux City
Steeleville, United States
“good room at a good price”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful especially as we had to modify our reservation. Room was clean and quiet. We did not have breakfast as we had an extremely early departure time. The access to the interstate and gas stations made the hotel very convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn we truly appreciate your business and we are so glad we were able to make your stay outstanding. We all look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay. We have 8 children, ages 3-18 and used two rooms. The rooms were clean and spacious and the breakfast was delicious. The pool was clean and refreshing and it seemed like someone was always restocking the towels. The lobby was lovely and inviting and the kids enjoyed the free fresh-baked cookies at the desk! We will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay. We appreciate learning about our guests experiences and happy we made a special connection with you. We believe our service makes the difference to our guests, that and our cookies!
We hope to see you again on your travels through the Sioux City area.
Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Hampton Inns and am an HHonors member (Gold, former Diamond level) and this is the worst Hilton family hotel I've ever stayed at.
*Theres no handicap button on door entry (I thought one was required now?) and I swear, I held the door for a man in a wheelchair when I first entered!
*At check in I wasn't acknowledged as HHonors Gold, and the lady whispered to my son that she was going to give him a free Fresca because someone else didn't take theirs - Gold & Diamond are supposed to get a free snack and drink. It says so right on the counter!
*As I was taking the last chocolate chip cookie, the older lady checking in behind me
*They still have the old, white and lumpy bedspreads.
*The bathroom has not been updated like most, especially sink and counter.
*I heard sounds throughout the night from other rooms - man coughing in room next door, someone with walkie talkie roaming the halls at 3:00 AM, and the floor creaking from someone walking in room above.
*I smelled cigarette smoke in the hallways and elevators. I didnt bring smell into my room, but i discovered on 1/2 of my 2nd floor are smoking rooms! I haven't stayed at a hotel that allows smoking in many years. The Hampton Inn website says smoking is available in guest rooms - I didn't notice that when booking. My room didn't smell like smoke, which was good.
*At breakfast, the eggs were the small-nugget kind. The oatmeal was stuck to inside of container, dry and almost gone by 8:15 am. I asked if they were going to have more and the gentleman said "Yeah, that's all we're going to have today."
*The newly remodeled fitness room looked great, except no remote for the tv to turn it on/off/volume. There was a sign that said disposable ear buds available, but no, all gone. I asked front desk to help. He came to fitness room, said he'd be right back to get headphones from someone's desk ... he never came back! I can't make this stuff up!!!
*Finally at check out, I went to drop off my key and said, "all done." I waited for a "how was your stay?", but only got a smile. I didn't feel like explaining all of this verbally with my family next to me after that. That's why I'm writing this here and will send an email to GM and see if I get a reply and mention on their 100% satisfaction guarantee.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank OhiOkie
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.
West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We called early and made a reservation. As there are two families traveling together, we requested an adjoining room. We were told that they would "try" to make that happen, but wouldn't guarantee it. Ok...we can accept that. When we arrived, we were told that there were no adjoining rooms available, but they would put us next door to one another. Understand that when we checked in, there was no one else on the floor. We unloaded, and relaxed a while...one of the rooms really reaked of a mold/musty smell to the point that we requested a new room. Jason was most happy and understanding to move us. HOWEVER, the room he moved us to was AN ADJOINING ROOM... and the family was just entering it...after we had been at the hotel for almost an hour!!!!! Clearly that family could have been assigned a different room so that we could have had an adjoining room after all......SO, with the awful smell and lack of response to our request we were quite happy to leave the next morning. We will say that the breakfast was good...but, beyond that this hotel needs a desperate cleaning. We stayed in the Sioux City area on our return trip but choose a different hotel. Hampton Inn really let us down. As a member, I am even more disappointed. Hilton should be embarrassed about this hotel bearing their name.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the smell of the room before accepting the assignment!!!
3 Thank Sue M
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
st. peters, mo, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Loved this hotel. Spacious, clean, friendly atomosphere, nice pool. wonderful breakfast...we had 2 children ages 4 and 9 . Would not hesitate to stay again if in the area. The beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay. We appreciate your business and will share your comments with our team. Look forward to seeing on your next stay here in the Sioux City area.
Fargo, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

clean quiet room. Breakfast was good except for the scrambled eggs made with fake egggs. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is good-just right off the highway. I have stayed here once before and both times have been pleased.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay. We appreciate your business and will share your comments with our team, guest reviews are the best way to make improvements and reward our teams for their outstanding service. Look forward to seeing on your next stay here in the Sioux City area.
FOWLER
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was the best hotel stay during our 2 week vac. We stayed at other competitors which cost more and provided smaller rooms. Best part was they are pet friendly. Our Chihuahua gave it two paws up!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn on your recent stay. We are pleased you had a Fantastic stay! We will share your comments with our team, guest reviews are the best way to reward our teams for their outstanding service and "Hamptonality"! We look forward to seeing on your next stay here in the Sioux City area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sioux City
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Super 8 Sioux City South
Super 8 Sioux City South
#6 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Hampton Inn North Sioux City? Share your experiences!