“Febreeze Inn”

Hampton Inn North Sioux City
Morton, Illinois, United States
“Febreeze Inn”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is currently undergoing some renovations in the common areas, but the whole thing needs a makeover. Our hallway smelled like smoke with Febreeze sprayed liberally to cover the smell. Our room reeked of Febreeze when we entered. Fortunately, the window opened and it was a pretty nice day out as we were able to air out the room considerably before bedtime. It's surprising that Hampton has it's name on this place because the usual ultra comfortable bed was definitely missing (with one that sagged in the middle), the fitness equipment was old and made a lot of noise when used, and the elevator door didn't even open all the way. Breakfast was OK, the staff was pretty friendly, the Tootsie Rolls handed out when we arrived asking us to "roll" with the punches were clever, and we were able to get a fair night's sleep so I decided against asking for a refund on the room. Stay elsewhere until they've redone this one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary Beth P
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for the review of your guest suite. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. Out hotel is nearing the end of our renovation which includes a new fitness room. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We keep coming back to this hotel when we are in the area because we're treated well, get a wonderful night's sleep (our most important requirement) and there are never any negative surprises! OK, there was one this time -- the hotel is renovating the lobby/breakfast area and the construction impinged on the entry ambiance, but that didn't impact our comfort once we were on the second floor. Speaking of comfort, this Hampton provides a feature more hotels should furnish -- duvets on the beds! If you haven't slept under one of these, add it to your "bucket list" and do it. You will never have a more comfortable night's sleep. A word of caution: North Sioux City doesn't have a wealth of dining choices, so the best restaurants are a couple of miles away on the Iowa side of the Dakota/Iowa border.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our team, the best way to continue and build on guest satisfaction is through the comments left by our guests. We hope to see you next time you are in the Sioux City area.
Axtell, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This Hampton is under major reconstruction! We were immediately greeted by RAYCE - he apologized for the inconvenience - gave us a great room - directions to the event center - dining options - AND remembered us by name when we returned later that evening! I am the GM at a beautiful property and am HUGE on customer service! I wish I could "steal" Rayce for my property - he is the reason we will return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Jan P
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our team, its a pleasure to relay commetns that will help build our team spirit. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The convenient location, friendliness of the front desk staff and reasonable nightly rate made up for the inconveniences caused by the renovations. However, the disregard for the no smoking policy was blatant. By the time I got to my room my hair and clothes smelled like I had been in a smoke filled pub. When I reported the issue they offered to move me to another room but the whole floor reeked of smoke. The next morning a guest on another floor complained of the same issue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Aleasha S
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate learning of your experience and will share with our front desk team the wonderful report on their service.
Our hotel is not a smoke free hotel, we do have 5 rooms that are smoking and they are located on one floor at one end of the building, this would be the floor you were assigned to and we are always more than happy to relocate guests if the smell is excessive as it can be on occassion.
We do not allow smoking in non-smoking rooms and when discovered we relocate the guest to a smoking room and close down that room until it is made smoke free...washing all linens, walls and shampooing the carpets. Thank you for relaying your concerns about the smoke smell, we will certainly do our best to address this issue and resolve it for future stays.
We appreciate your business and want to continue to earn your loyalty.
Sioux City, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We loved this Hampton Inn and will definitely stay again! We were surprised at the large size of the room and bath - plenty of room for the 4 of us. Easy access and 15 minutes to everything in Sioux City. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Thurman
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Super comfortable beds, linens and pillows...some of the best we've experienced. The staff was easy access and extremely friendly and attentive. We appreciated that a hotel employee manned the breakfast room the entire time, keeping it clean and well-stocked. This was a great 2-day stay for our business trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn here in N. Sioux City. Guest feedback helps us be the best we can be and we believe our friendly service makes all the difference to make our guests feel welcome. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Sioux City area!
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Beds, linens, pillows were satisfactory even though I do not believe sheets were changed during our 6 nite stay. (We tip daily) Free breakfast daily, free parking, free internet access were plusses, along with a mic and frig in room. Some evenings they put out fresh baked cookies. Heater was noisy, so we turned off at bedtime. Could hear every step upstairs guests took, so I would recommend staying on 3rd floor, as this is really aggravating at 6 am and 1 am. The worst part was discovering that "someone" had gone thru our belongings and taken all my pain pills. Little/actually no concern was shown by the two managers I reported this to. I did report it to the local police, too. Our room was in pretty good condition, I would guess remodeled 2-3 years ago.

Room Tip: I'd suggest a 3rd floor room at the end of the hall.
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
evemendez, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Sioux City, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I was saddened to learn that your medication was missing from your room. I do apology for this issue and can say that our guests have not reported any missing items that were not located.
My understanding from the managers on duty that you had filed a police complaint and then reported the issue to our agents working the over night shift. Our morning agent is our Front Office Manager who tried to talk with you about the issue and I apologize if you thought she didn't care about you or your medication, I can assure you that is not the case but perhaps it was not communicated to you appropriately.
We will of course reimburse you for the medication and will also cover with our housekeeping team the importance of not moving or disturbing our guests items.
We hope that you will feel confident in returning to our hotel in the future knowing that if you have an issue we will take care of it right away.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Super 8 Sioux City South
Super 8 Sioux City South
#6 of 19 in Sioux City

Been to Hampton Inn North Sioux City? Share your experiences!