“Great choice for eats while traveling this stretch of highway.”
Review of Murdo Drive-In

Murdo Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Murdo
World Citizen
“Great choice for eats while traveling this stretch of highway.”
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Super good food, and fast, too! Nice, very clean family run place with numerous food choices. Thoroughly enjoyed my chocolate shake and fish sandwich. An easy winning choice over the usual chain fast food places.

1 Thank seliza

Seattle, Washington
“Terrific Stop near I-90”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

A nice break from the endless highway I-90. We were driving from Rapid City to Pierre via I-90 on 22 Jun 2012 and decided to take a quick break. We were very pleased. The food was excellent and the price was very fair. The place is very neat and very clean. Our order did take a little longer than a McDonalds or a Jack in the Box but the wait is well worth. The food is not factory produced and you forfit a few minutes to indulge in much better food. Don't take my word for this, try it.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank TaylorMae
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Super busy, but great evening ice cream fix...”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Little way off the interstate son and I walked to the Drive In for a shake after supper. Place was hopping! Lots of locals and other travelers enjoying the diner. Food offered was served hot and quick. Basic diner offerings. Huge ice cream menu and made to serve our shakes. Staff was awesome and friendly and were glad to accommodate us. Great

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Tricia S
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Clean place, friendly staff, tasty food!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I wish I'd found this place the night before. There are only a few restaurants in Murdo and this one was unfortunately obscured a bit by recent road construction so I didn't find it until the next morning. It's very near the Interstate I-90 exit and worth the extra bit of effort to find it (exit I-90, head toward Murdo, go right at the stop sign and follow the signs). It's only open during summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day) from 11 am to 10 pm. One unique thing here at the Murdo Drive-In is the 'broasting' method of cooking. They have broasted chicken and broasted potatoes. I tried the potatoes (see photo) and they were very good. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Also, for those who like to know this, they have a nice, clean bathroom.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank waycoolmom1

Been to Murdo Drive-In? Share your experiences!