“Excellent Chicken Sandwiches!”

Buffalo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Murdo
Cuisines: American
Description: Locally owned/operated since 1985. Nightly dinner specials include homemade soup, salad bar, and ice cream dessert. Saturday night dinner special is fresh cooked Prime Rib. Friday night soup special is Linda's Tomato - a local favorite. Steaks, buffalo and beef burgers, fish, chicken, snack baskets, and a children's menu available. Coldest beer in town. Mixed drinks and wine also available.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stumbled upon Buffalo Restaurant late one night during a cross country trip in summer 2011. We ordered three chicken sandwiches to go and ate in our car with our dog. They were surprisingly good! Juicy, tasty, and generously sized. In fact, had they not closed by the time we were finished eating, we would have ordered seconds. The chicken sandwiches we had here remain one of the happy highlights of our trip to this day, and if we ever pass through Murdo again, we will be sure to stop for a bite to eat! Authentic Americana!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the clerk at the hotel in Murdo where we stayed for the night while traveling. It's the kind of the place where, when you walk in the door, you figure you've found either a diamond in the rough, or just the rough. The dark paneling and worn furniture gave the place a kind of a dreary feel. We found the quality of the food to be below average, and the prices to be very high. It filled us up, and no one got sick, but that's about the best I can say for the Buffalo Restaurant.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pleasant waitress and about what you might expect in a very little mid-west town. Not a bad place to eat if you are spending the night in Mudro.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food was pretty standard fare, but the people are what makes the Buffalo, at least in our one-time experience.

The place is older, and has a time-worn, mom-and-pop vibe. We got right in and out, and the cost was fair. Give it a try!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First I want to say that from the outside this looks more like an old bar than a restaurant. As a woman travelling alone this is not a place I would have stopped at except I had been assured by the motel staff that this a great place to eat and family friendly. You do have to enter through the bar but immediately you turn in to the restaurant part (not that I saw anything wrong with the bar either). This is very modest, sort of 70"s-80's remodel, but the tables are attractively set and it is very clean. I ended up eating there both nights that I was in Murdo. The first night I had the "special" which was sirloin and it was the best sirloin I have ever had, much, much better than the very expensive rib-eye I had the weekend before at one of the top 3 restaurants in Deadwood. So I ate there again the next night and had the "special" which was hamburger steak and it was excellent -- lots of flavor and cooked just as I had requested. Also the meals come with a modest salad bar, but it has a good variety. The portions are HUGE. I asked for 1/2 servings of potatoes both nights as I am not a big eater and I couldn't even eat the half servings ! Oh, another thing, if you get the "special" you get a little miniature sundae as dessert. All the staff members that I dealt with were friendly and very helpful. I will be back to the Buffalo whenever I am in the area.

1  Thank hungrymen