“Best in Murdo?”

Buffalo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Murdo
Cuisines: American
Description: Locally owned/operated since 1985. Nightly dinner specials include homemade soup, salad bar, and ice cream dessert. Saturday night dinner special is fresh cooked Prime Rib. Friday night soup special is Linda's Tomato - a local favorite. Steaks, buffalo and beef burgers, fish, chicken, snack baskets, and a children's menu available. Coldest beer in town. Mixed drinks and wine also available.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were also refered here by Motel staff. We had good service, not overly friendly though. My wife had liver and onions and said it was very good. I had a chicken fried steak which i refered to it as a fake chicken fried steak. The salad bar wasn't much but ok.

There are newer reviews for Buffalo Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel proprietor. It looked crowded in the parking lot, so we figured it must be pretty good. Right away the service sucked. I noticed quickly that there were only two waitresses for the room, but it wasn't overly big. We were seated in a fair amount of time, but it was downhill from there. My father ordered an iced tea which he never received. Our waitress wasn't overly friendly, and behaved as if though she was on some sort of medication. She talked real slow, and it took her quite awhile to write down our order. Her eyes were drooping and she was slightly swaying as she stood by our table. Our meals came with the salad bar, which we were told was the best in the area. That may be true, but we found it very small and nothing special. The waitress brought our meals about 30 min later, but she had come to the wrong table. She mumbled "oh yeah, I saw yours back there", so we figured she would deliver the food to the appropriate table and then bring us ours. It was another 20+ minutes before we saw our food though. There was only two of us by the way, not a huge order. The food was average. I had the unbreaded cod, my father had the prime rib. Our meal also was supposed to come with ice cream. However, after we received our meals, we never saw the waitress again. After being in the restaurant for about an hour and 20 min (which is ridiculous for a dinner for 2 people), we got up to pay at the cash register although we had never received our ticket. I asked the other waitress who was up there if we could just have the ice cream taken off our ticket since we never received it and we needed to go. She replied that actually she couldn't do that because it was considered complimentary. Call it whatever you want, an establishment with good customer service would apologize for the poor service and give some sort of discount. At this point, our waitress noticed us up there and took over. She took some time adding the bill and was rather rude when my father asked for a to-go box, saying she would get it for him, but in a very rude tone of voice, acting as if though he was being impatient. She acted somewhat childish in her mannerisms and the way she behaved so poorly. She actually offered me candy from the little dish of wrapped candies by the register. Strange. This is one of the only places in my entire life that I have not left a tip, because the service was that poor. I would actually give a 1 star for service, but I gave the restaurant a two star because the food was not awful. Maybe they were short-staffed and maybe our waitress was having a tough night, but either way, I would not recommend this place.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Atmosphere is rugged and old west looking. What else would you expect in the middle of S. Dakota, right.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Staff was friendly, but service was not great. Food even worse. Overcooked prime rib, although, to be fair, the waitress did warn us that the prime rib was more "medium" than "rare". My husband was smart enough to avoid it, but his food wasn't better. Soup was actually decent. Place was small, with people bumping into the high chair against our table. Water glasses were about the size of shot glasses. Decor is... Interesting, if not a little sad.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Full menu, including salad bar. Attentive wait staff.

1  Thank Beachflower_43