“Ok for a night”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Murdo
Wisconsin
“Ok for a night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2009

We had a very loud family with rambunctious children above us, and could hear them running around all night. This hotel had mostly families with young children, so if you're looking for a peaceful night, you'll probably want to look somewhere else. Room itself was clean. No microwave in our room, though I think other rooms do have them.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We only spent the night here on our way to Colorado, so all we needed was a comfy bed in a quiet room. And that's what we got, but it is also a charming lodge-style hotel with a swimming pool and whirlpool. Breakfast was simple but good (in the lobby area) with cereal, blueberry muffins, toast, coffee and juice. I liked the load of taxidermied animals in the lobby. The staff was a little robotic in their "spiel" and not very outgoing when we checked out, but otherwise friendly enough.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msp-photographer
saugerties,ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

I had a trip planned for August 2008 to this hotel, but had to cancel when my Mom became ill. I tried to cancel the reservation but they said I could cancel but would not receive any refund. Then my Mom passed away and I wasn't thinking clearly and never cancelled my room. I should add that just a day before my reseervation date I was diagnosed with pneumonia and in bed for several days. So what do they do? they charged me twice for a room I never used, it was bad enough when they wouldn't give me a refund but then to charge again! I will never use Days Inn or the wyndam company ever again. I fought and fought with them but they would not budge. The worst cusstomer service I have ever heard of.

• Stayed August 2008
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Stayed here one night on our trip West. Have been in Murdo twice before and always stayed at Graham's Best Western. Decided on the Days Inn because it was a newer establishment and the pictures on their website looked nice AND we got a really good pre-paid internet price. All in all I think I'd pick Graham's Best Western but I'd put this Days Inn in second place in Murdo. I think their website makes the place look a bit nicer than it really is. It's an OK place that served the purpose. Would I stay again? Maybe.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

The staff at this hotel were great. Very prompt answering all requests. We asked for clean towels and they arrived literally within 30 seconds.

The rooms were clean, what you would expect. The only drawback is the walls are very thin, we kept hearing slamming doors while trying to get the kids to sleep. Agree with a previous poster that the pool is heavily chlorinated, a plus is it is indoors for spring/early summer travelers.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2008

September...Stayed at one of the nicer hotels in Murdo. They had hotel rooms and rooms in a motel atmosphere along the sides of the main building. I requested a main hotel room when we arrived. I like inside corridors when staying at a hotel. We got a nice second floor room..No elevator which wasn't a problem. Country western decour. Generally we don't stay at Days Inns so I wasn't surprised that the breakfast was alittle light...cereal,rolls. etc. but nothing hot, but filling enough. Price wasn't bad. We did want to use a microwave and they only had one way in the back of the guest laundry room. I think they could have had that in the main hotel area which would have been better access for guest. All in all after seeing Murdo this was one of the nicer of the very few hotels there. Food was alittle scare in the town. We did tour the Pioneer Auto attraction. It was worth the minimal cost for something to do in the early evening. Hotel gives a card for 10% discount. Most small towns out West are SMALL with not much to do. Only about an hr. to 1 1/2 from the Badlands so that's why we stayed there.

• Liked — Nice, clean and new
  • Disliked — Alittle more at breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TheArtTeacher
zman319
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

Room: Very clean. Linens clean.

The 'Cowboy Bedrolls' were a big hit with our 4 and 7 year olds. The bedrolls are thick, padded canvas sleeping bag-type rolls.

Pool was a smaller pre-made fiberglass type, could seem small if morethan a few people are using it. Water was crystal clear. Hot tub medium sized and also clean.

Breakfast was adequate, simple continental style.

Staff was very attentive and receptive (allowed us to switch from two queen beds to a king... see Cowbow bedrolls above).

• Liked — Cowboy bedrolls for the kids
  • Disliked — Small pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family