“Nice Stop if Driving Through”
Review of Range Country

Range Country
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Murdo
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Nice Stop if Driving Through”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hotel was nice. It was actually better then what I thought. We were driving through and needed a place to stay for the night. Pool was nice but needs some renovating. Nice staff with decent breakfast. Price per night was a little high for the hotel,motel.
Located in a Small town with nowhere to eat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Snead, Alabama
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We kinda just happened up on this place cause we were too tired to drive anymore so we stopped in Murdo. The hotel was GREAT, very cute place with a very South Dakota cowboy feel to it. The staff was great and very accommodating. The ONLY complaint I have about this hotel is there was no elevator. We were on a 10 day road trip so we had a TON of luggage and stayed on the 2nd floor, so we had to drag our bags up the stairs. We were all fairly young and good shaped but this may a problem if you are traveling with small children or elderly people. I would just call ahead and make sure you book a room on the first floor if climbing stairs is a problem. But I REALLY loved this hotel. PERFECT!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mgs0007
New Market, Maryland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped here on our way to MN from Yellowstone. Had meant to stop in Rapid City but no rooms. This place had good reviews so we gave them a call. Stephanie got us three rooms at a moments notice, no problem. Gave directions to find the place, and checked us in when we got there. Beds were comforable, rooms were clean and the bathroom was normal hotel/motel size. Nice having an extra sink outside the bathroom. Free Internet. Breakfast the next morning was tasty, and there was plenty to eat and to select from. If we are driving HWY 90 again and need to have a stopover, will pick this place again.

Room Tip: We stayed right up at the top of the stairs. Could not hear people going up and down, or talking in...
1 Thank MomCamps
Nebraska USA
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

After scouting out all other hotel choices in Murdo (and there are many), I selected this one based upon outside appearance. My discounted rate was $104. Nice, large room - king size bed. Good front desk service who gave good guidance on where to eat/drink. Breakfast menu looks good - basic but best in area (don't go to Belvidere like I did thinking there would be better lodging options - there aren't any there... )

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
soleil2jours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

On our way back from Yellowstone we needed a place to stay after hours of driving, including half of the Badlands in the dark (I don't recommend that drive!). We selected Range Country based on reviews. There was nothing terrible about it, and if you're comparing it to other basic hotels then it's not bad. We stayed in the rooms across the parking lot from the main building. I would guess that is the older building and the "lodge" building is newer. Since it was midnight and all we did was throw a few things in the mini fridge, brush our teeth and sleep it suited out needs but than so would any other hotel. We were looking forward to the "hot" breakfast the next morning. I wouldn't set your expectations too high. They did have sausage and some kind of egg squares but not exactly the scrambled eggs I was hoping for. We didn't have time for a the pool and never saw it, but it must have been the building out back and it looked newer unlike our room. The room itself was large but seemed to be missing something, like a strange space that would have had a couch. The air conditioners (there was one at each end of the room) were a little noisy but I set the one by the bed on the low setting and the other higher thanks to a review I'd read. It was a bit tired but clean which is all I really cared about and plenty of hot water the next morning for a shower. For one night it wasn't bad and we probably would have liked it better if we'd had time to swim.

Room Tip: I would ask about the rooms in the newer building or the cabins to the east of the lodge area.
Swanville Minneota
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my second visit to the Range Hotel in the past 3 years, and I will be visiting again every time I stop in Murdo. The rooms are very nice, nice swimming pool and hot tub. The rooms and hotel in general are very clean, and the rates are reasonable. We were a little late for the morning breakfast, but was able to enjoy a delicious breakfast anyway. The staff of this small, family owned hotel were very friendly and courteous. If you choose the Range Country Hotel, I think that you will be pleased.
Royal D. Loven
Swanville, Minnesota

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Royal L
Oakdale, California
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stopped in here because it was dark and we weren't sure when we'd hit the next town. Very clean room and bathrooms. Comfortable beds, very friendly staff. Great continental breakfast in a beautiful lobby.

1 Thank HoffBees