“Nice motel, hunter friendly!”
Review of Range Country

Range Country
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Murdo
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a nice motel, formerly a Days Inn, that was very pleasant, and very "hunter friendly".

I stayed during the opening week of pheasant season on my way to an Idaho elk hunt and hunters were everywhere. This motel made us feel very welcome. Staff was definitely out to please. There was even an indoor pool & hot tub. Breakfast was substantial with everything from cereals & oatmeal to yogurt & hard-boiled eggs.

There was no "fitness center" but I gave points for the pool & hot tub.

I had NO complaints — and Im not always easy to please!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RonCooley

Reviewed November 7, 2012

... except for the flies! There were dozens of quasi-midwestern striped tsetse flies that literally came out of nowhere after we had been in the room for an hour. They didn't bite but it was more than a nuisance tracking them down and disposing of them. We should have known because there happened to be a fly swatter hanging in the bathroom! Our room was in the auxiliary section across the street from the main building. Apparently, they didn't have that problem in the main area but it would have been nice if they had made that fact known to us! The room itself was large, well-lit and nice overall. The free breakfast was well above average and the range country decor was appealing. But for this trip, I have to be honest and tell it like it was.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building! Overall a very nice property that I would give another chance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The motel is a gem. The lobby is rustic and warm. The rooms have western decor. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The indoor pool and hot tub us great. Rooms have coffee pots microwave refrigs and flat screen tv. The only negative is the free breakfast, not too many choices.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank mclbar
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wasn't really sure about a Days Inn - had been planning to stay at the Landmark Country Inn but after calling many times and not getting an answer I reserved a night at this Days Inn. It was nicer than I'd expected, so that is always good. We'd been traveling since 6:30am and arrived at 5:30pm so it was good to find a clean room. A basic motel room but pretty large. There was a little pool which was great for the kids.

Breakfast was cereal with some eggs and muffins and juice. Perfect for the kids and easy to eat quick and get back on the road.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

When in Rapid City on June 26, 2012, I tried getting a reservation using the Wyndham website. No luck. So I just drove to Murdo. When I got there, I asked about inputing my rewards number for the stay. The clerk told me that their computer was not working to input the stay thru the Wyndham website. After I got back home I contacted Wyndham to allow the credit. After several emails, I finally was told that after Wyndham contacted Days Inn in Murdo, their response was " I called the property and spoke to Kim she said you would not receive points because they are no longer partners with Wyndham Rewards as of 04/17/2012".
Well, I don't have to say anymore.

Room Tip: Not forthcoming in advising they were no longer members of Wyndham Rewards .
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Motel was a bit older, and we had a larger room with two in-wall AC units. No complaints and everything worked as you might hope. Nicely appointed breakfast offering in the morning with front desk staff keeping everything filled.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Traveled hard all day and this place looked inviting. Had great experience with other Days Inns. Price was extremely high. Nice room. Got up in the morning for promised breakfast at six to six thirty.. Lobby locked up and no one there. Stayed around until 6:45 and still no one there. Many guests wandering around waiting for someone to show up. Headed down the road to continue our trip. Felt down by our experience. Will not stay there again.