“Convient good location”
Review of Super 8 Mitchell

Super 8 Mitchell
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Really nothing special about this hotel...it was in a convient location near alot of stuff if your family wants to see Mitchell. Never once did the front desk tell me there was a breakfast, I found it in a little folder in my room, but I was never able to find the breakfast.

I was roadworn and tired and wanted to sleep in until about 8:30, it was impossible...they started putting on a new roof at 7a.m.

It wasn't the cheapest or nicest hotel, but the room was clean, it was conviently located, and safe...plus was able to put it towards points on my reward card.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Mitchell

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here on our way through South Dakota, ended up there around 12am after driving all day. The small lobby was packed with 2-3 families but check-in was quick. Most places were booked due to Sturgis, but we figured we'd be safe with a Super 8. First off, we were charged $75 when everything has said $60-$70. The room was on the bottom floor, right by the stairs and definitely felt like a basement. It was mostly clean but very outdated. The bathroom floor needs replaced. The worst part was the pillows. It was like sleeping on a bag of apples! I considered just using my jacket on the mattress. Will definitely not stay here again. I had a better stay at a hotel a week before for half the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We got a room with 2 queen beds, a king bed, and 2 lazy boy chairs for $135! I thought this place would be a crap hole after I heard the price, but it wasn't! AC's worked well, comfortable enough bed to sleep in for a night, decent TV, great water pressure and drainage, and room to park our RV. I would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank bigselhorst
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We changed our plans and lodging for the night of July 8th 2012, and booked this Motel by phone. Desk Clerk was not friendly, but was really busy when we arrived, and when I asked for extra coffee bags for our room, because we would be leaving before 5:30 the next morning, he said that I would have to come back later, which was fine. Our room was clean, but old and sparse, not worth the price that we paid. We had to leave early the next morning, so don't know about the Breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stopped here on our way from WI to Rapid City. Check in was a little time consuming- one desk clerk on and she seemed a little flustered. We got to our room, which was nicely decorated, and clean. We noticed right away that the smoke detector was hanging off the ceiling, called the front desk to let them know, no problem. LaterCu on at bed time though, we found our sink was leaking, and had been for a while... they moved us to another room, which was ok but very stuffy due to the AC being off. The same desk girl from before brought us our keys and even offered to help move our luggage- Great customer service! Over all it was good, and I would recommend this hotel to friends and return myself.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in Mitchell and found the room to be very clean and large. The counter staff was very helpful and recommended a good restaurant for us. We left before they started serving breakfast but did get some juice. I would highly recommend this hotel if in the Mitchell area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The air conditioner worked good even in 90 degree weather. I had a great nights sleep. The only negative I can say is that the WiFi didn't work in the evening. It worked fine during the day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo