“Great for our group!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Nebraska
“Great for our group!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Comfort Inn the night before our spa day. We booked the 2 bed suite with pull out couch. The room was very roomy, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable! We enjoyed the hot breakfast the next morning and check-in and check-out were a breeze. The staff that we met were helpful and kind as well. We didn't try out the pool or exercise areas. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed a night at the start of pheasant season. Upon entering the room - it was cold - found sizable gaps between the AC unit and the wall - the insulation was out - hard to miss. Stuffed some towels between the gaps to make it through the night as the place was sold out. The room could use some serious updating - maybe some new sheets. The front desk help wasn't exactly helpful or friendly upon check-in - was much better at check out but first impressions are important. I'm sure there are worse hotels in Mitchell - but I don't need to settle for this experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My friends and I stopped there on our way to a hunting trip in the western part of South Dakota. We slept very good and found the hotel to be clean and well kept. The room was a very good size and the breakfast area was well stocked and helped us get a good start to the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. Nice hotel. Room was clean and beds were comfy.

AC was little noisy, but not bad.

High Speed Internet way too slow. I'm guessing everyone was using it during my stay, but only 134k per second. Impossible to do anything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had to change rooms twice due to issues with bugs and general cleanliness. The owner was unfriendly, unhelpful and unwilling to accept responsibility for the condition of his hotel. DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Paul
Reviewed September 9, 2012

After being kept up by noisy guests tramping though the hallways and kids running around screaming (I think there was a wedding on site that night), we woke up a bit later than usual and made our way down the hall to the breakfast room. Crushed Cheetos and pizza boxes left over from the previous night's parties littered the hallway. We arrived for breakfast about 9:10am on a Sunday morning only to find that all the food was put away and a crowd of hungry teenagers was gathered around the waffle maker, the only remaining food source. What hotel stops serving breakfast at 9am on a weekend morning, especially when the guestbook in the room indicates that breakfast goes until 10am daily?! Peeking into the kitchen, I saw that the cereal and milk were still out on the counter, easily accessible. I asked the staff nicely if I could please have a bowl of cereal for my 5 year old. Their response was, "the management have told us that we cannot serve any food after 9am, our new cut off time. We're sorry that the guestbooks still say breakfast is served until 10am. The new inserts should have arrived last week but we haven't received them yet. If you have a complaint, please take that up with the management." I went to speak with a manager, repeated what I had been told and asked him if he could give them permission to serve us. He went and spoke with the staff and returned saying, "The staff are unwilling to bend the rules, else they'd be here all day serving breakfast." Given that there was an error in their printed materials indicating to everyone that food would be served until 10am, I suggested that they be more flexible in this case. The manager held firm and refused to give us anything to eat. He pointed out a sign I had not noticed when checking in indicating the new breakfast hours.

My vision of a relaxing morning reading books with my child and taking her swimming evaporated as I realized we were instead going to be spending our time going out to a restaurant. On our way out, there was a large crowd gathered at the front desk complaining about the lack of food. Apparently this hotel doesn't understand customer service. Many people sleep in on weekends and check out time isn't until 11am. If they need to save money by reducing the breakfast hours, I'd suggest they continue serving until 10am on the weekends and stop early on weekdays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holiday, Fl.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are on a 40 day trip around the country, we had a king room which was very large and clean with up graded tv. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was the standard for Comfort Inns. Everything was great for us.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple