“Fine steaks & good service”

Chef Louie's Steak House & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Mitchell
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

After a long day's drive this place is a pleasure. Steaks and sides were excellent, and the service was quite good. A great value.

1  Thank AandL_10

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We just tried this while visiting our son. We had a rental car at the time, and a child in a wheelchair. I just have to give a heads up to the staff that they must have seen my husband struggling to take the wheelchair out of the rental because when we got in the door, our server greeted us and had a table ready with an empty space for the wheelchair. Anyway, we had great service and really great food. We started with an appetizer platter. Some of the food on it was not anything special, but if I was to go back I would just order the potato skins, they prepare them in an unusual way that is very good. Then we all ordered the ribeye steak. My son got soup which he said was tasty, and my husband and I got salad that we enjoyed (the dressing does arrive in a plastic cup on the side and is generic dressing you could buy in the store). Our steaks arrived cooked as ordered. We all got different potato dishes and they were all good. The steak and potato portions were more than generous. We felt like we got more than our moneys worth in terms of service and food. In fact, we plan to go back again next time we go visit our son. We loved this place!

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many, many times when passing thru. The food it normally excellent. Last night was a little different. Steak was good, my salad had a lot of brown leaves in it. When we got out dinner, my potato was rotten in the middle and cold. They returned it to the kitchen. My husband and my potato was cold and had been cooked early in the day. We were seated in a back area where there was a party of 8 or 10 which was very loud. Just not a normal experience for this place. It is normally outstanding. Just hope it isn't going down, we love having dinner here when passing thru.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The service is like none other and they treat you like you are part of the family! I have never had a bad meal here or bad service. Tacy and Heidi go above to ensure a great experience!

1  Thank Traveler73_13
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and made it a point to stop here on our way home from the Black Hills. We were not disappointed. Our welcome was warm, the atmosphere was lovely, and the food was outstanding. I husband had the fillet and garlic mashed potatoes. I had the filet Oscar and hashbrowns. OMG, those hashbrowns were out of this world, and the steaks juicy, beefy and amazingly tender. My lemon drop martini was great, as was the wine. Come as you are: very elegant but unpretentious atmosphere. We felt at home.