“Good steakhouse in a small town”

Chef Louie's Steak House & Lounge
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Mitchell
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I entered, I waited for somebody to notice me and nobody did. I walked farther into the dining room and saw that tables were open, and a waitress noticed me, but she averted her eyes much too quickly for me to signal that I wanted a table. I waited longer.

Then, I heard a man and a woman talking in a room just off the lobby. I spoke up before walking in and heard scurrying; soon a waitress appeared straightening out her black uniform and walked away. Immediately behind her, a personable guy came out to greet me and show me to a table.

I had a salad and a steak. Both were good, and the steak was cooked as I requested it. The glass of wine was good wine.

My waitress was very helpful: I forgot to tell her that I wanted the last bit of steak that I didn't eat bagged to go. When I told her a few minutes later, she didn't promise that she'd be able to find it and asked for whom it was. I said that it was for my dog. A while later, she handed me a small container with the piece that I didn't eat along with a few more that other diners left behind. A few minutes later, there was a very happy dog.

There are newer reviews for Chef Louie's Steak House & Lounge

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Try the prime rib cannelloni's - mmmmm:) Pleasant atmosphere, varied menu, reasonable prices for quality food. Wines available by the glass are limited, but a good selection by the bottle from moderate to very expensive. Recommended, would go there again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We arrived in Mitchell late in the evening and this restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel staff. We had a great meal and the service was excellent and reasonably priced. Even a bottle of wine was less than $30. Although my steak was a little more well done than I prefer, it tasted fine and I should have ordered it medium instead of medium well. This is a great place to eat.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Ate there 10/3 with a group of three... Restaurant is on corner with construction ongoing outside... This was our second time at Louie's... Was pricy but good last time... Same this time.

The restaurand is a bit dark and quiet, definetely upscale for the area. Service was prompt and professional. Had their crab fondue appetizer and we each had a steak. Mine was an 8 oz fillet which was tender, juicy and well cooked. Came with a salad and baked potato. We also had a couple of beers. A nice wine list was also available. Meal without tip was $103 total. Good food.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Worth the stop for Beef steaks. New york strip and Prime Rib were outstanding. Excellent service by kim