AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Wheel Inn Motel(Mitchell)
Excellent 5/5
    All reviewsfront deskno elevatorfuture tripssecond floorroom was cleanwafflesrewards programgreat place to staytwo storypheasant seasonhunting seasonafter a long dayblack hillsthe breakfast areawould stay here againwaffle ironfull price
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 3, 2013

If you are driving through South Dakota and are looking for a place to stay this is it. It is right of the interstate and close to a lot of options for dining. The rooms appear to be recently updated, the pool area also looks new and the people are very friendly. You can’t go wrong with the free breakfast. (Waffles, eggs, sausage, doughnuts, cereal, and juices) they seems to have it all. The beds are very comfortable and the air units are not real noisy. The only thing that I would say they could improve on is the hot tub needs a little more power in its jets and the Wi-Fi was a bit spotty but these are real minor things in my opinion. If you are going to be in Mitchell and are looking for a place to stay give it a try.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed one night on a road trip. This was an excellent value. Hotel is right in town, convenient to gas, food and other shopping, a short drive to the Corn Palace. Very nice lobby area with a fireplace with comfortable couches for relaxing and the breakfast area is adjoining. Staff was very pleasant and professional. They have a luggage trolley/cart for carrying in your luggage if you need it.

It is a two story building with all rooms being accessed through the lobby doors. Second floor via the stairway. I stayed on the lower level and heard no noise from above or beside me. There is no street noise. I could hear a little noise from the hallway. When someone would enter a nearby room, I could hear their door closing. Rooms are a comfortable size with a desk with two chairs and flat screen tv, microwave and refrigerator. The rooms are in very good condition as well with good carpet and no odors.

My only complaint about the room is that the bathroom sink area is very small, difficult for two people to use. The shower/toilet area is small as well.

Breakfast was excellent, with sausage and cheese omelets, hard boiled eggs, waffles, yogurt, pastries and bagels and toast. Breakfast starts at 6 and I went shortly before 7. There was plenty still out. Not sure if they replenish so be aware.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    LanaHart, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Than You so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Americinn Logde and Suites of Mitchell, SD. Our top priority is to create an enviroment in which our guests can relax, renew, and recharge. It is our wish that you will continue to benfit for the AmericInn's excellent accomodations, exceptional guest service, and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expecations! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Since my wife and I were traveling with our 8-year old son, we decided to spring for the two room suite with king bed. The bedroom with the king bed has a whirlpool, small refrigerator/freezer, microwave, and television. The separate sitting room has a sofabed, chair, desk, and television. The room was sparsely decorated, but very clean. The mattress was firm, but comfortable.

The hotel has a pool, hot tub, and dry sauna which were nice and clean, as well.

Complementary breakfast is provided. There is a waffle iron, hot scrambled eggs, hot sausage and ham, as well as a nice selection of baked goods (dougnuts, muffins, bagels), cereals (fruit loops, raisin bran, and cheerios), yogurt, fruit, milk, apple and orange juice, and coffee. The in-room coffee is nothing to write home about, but the coffee provided with breakfast is nice and strong.

We stayed here two nights, on June 13th and on June 16th (on the way to and back from our visit to Mt. Rushmore). Both times, check-in and check-out were fast. The front desk was friendly. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
    LanaHart, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

On behalf of the staff and management of the AmericInn Lodge and Suites of Mitchell, SD we would like to thank you for the great review of the AmericInn facility. We hope to see you and your famliy back at the Americinn of Mitchell, SD again in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here on our way to the Black Hills. The front desk lady was very nice and friendly. We had a very restful sleep, and a good breakfast in the morning. The pool was mostly empty and was relaxing. Overall a good place to stay. I do think the prices I was finding at first were overpriced--110 and over but I was finally able to find a good deal that dropped the price down. Overall a nice place to stay.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I liked this place. It was clean! Staff were helpful. No loud heater/fan to keep me up all night. Would stay here again and am bummed that on my way back to the cities I cannot stay because it's booked.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family