“Great stay and remodeled very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great stay and remodeled very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Another great stay with AmericInn hotels =) I had a great breakfast and the staff was very friendly. The rooms are new remodeled which was really nice. I great time shopping and really close to the downtown area. By the way GREAT Internet here...

Room Tip: This americInn has the core technology which means they are really quite and dark. Good for business...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LanaHart, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate the wonderful comments. We are proud of our Newly Remodled Rooms, and our Fast High Speed Internet!
We strive to make each and every stay enjoyable and relaxing, and look forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I traveled from Washington, was staying for 5 nights by myself. I booked online and my order had been messed up somehow so I was supposed to be bumped up to a king bed room. When I arrived they said my reservation never went through that my card was declined. I had the receipt!! I asked for the manager and the woman at the front desk made ME call the manager.. AT HOME! when I felt I should not be the one who has to deal with it, not my fault! Anyway she got it straightened out but guess what! I never got the king bed I was promised! Then, the second morning around 8 am I hear a very loud pounding and pounding above me.. They were reshingling the roof!! For the last three days of my stay I was woken up by that in the morning! I would have appreciated a heads up!!! This was my vacation!! Hello!!
I was glad to go home. The ONLY reason I would stay there again is because it was so close to my boyfriends school easy to walk there. I wish I could get my money back.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
LanaHart, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Mitchell, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I really appreciate your review, and apologize for the way your check in was handled. The staff that handled your check in was new, and had not run into that situation with your
booking before.
Since that situation, we have trained our staff more thouroghly so that this will not happen to other customers. We take pride in our customer service, so that our customers have a hassle free, enjoyable stay. If you have the opportunity, please feel free to call me, so that I may offer you a FREE room for your next stay, for the inconvenience.
Canton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here while attending the car show. Very disappointing for an Americinn. The nice gal that checked us in was the best part of staying here.She was very attentive and friendly she worked a double and even on her second shift was just as friendly and smiling as she was when we walked in the door. She truly loves what she does and loves the company she works for. The hot tub was actually hot and roomy. The beds were not comforable nor were the pillows we each had 3 pillows just to sleep and we all woke up with back aches. The pool area appeared to be clean and was well stocked with towels however walk by the window and it was cobweb city. The pool was a little murky but that could be from the usuage of the day and just needed shocking. The morning girl for breakfast was not attentive to the breakfast area at all-food was running low, coffee was low and the tables were dirty and she was nowhere in site,we cleaned off our own table and after 20 minutes she finally came out-ignored the coffee, wiped the countertop (no tables) and when I asked if they had any other nutrigrain bars in other flavors (only 1 left in the basket and my daughters friend didn't care for the flavor) she was just rude and said no and walked away. Then disappeared behind the front desk somewhere. She was very good at putting the bell out on the front desk instead of being there.Obviously people are checking out in the morning you should be there instead of making them wait, as well as keeping the coffee fresh and full and the breakfast area clean. Will try a different hotel the next time we stay in Mitchell. Some updating was done to this Americainn but the money spent in asthetic looks and not on comfort.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Missouri Valley, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a last minute stop for us. It was very late when we got here we took the last room they had. It was super clean and quiet. The breakfast was wonderful! The front desk help was great! We will stay here again when going to the Black Hills!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The room was spacious and clean, though the vanity was unnecessarially cramped making it tough for the two of us to share the space. Breakfast was good, with egg and sausage patties. My one complaint is that i had to watch Fox News for breakfast. Why do businesses think Fox is OK for their captive customers, when roughly half of us have different politics? Try CNN or any other network, or maybe HGTV.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Neillos
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed in a room with two queen beds. It had a mini-fridge, microwave, desk, and of course a TV. It was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was in two parts, the sink being outside of the tub/toilet area. The tub/toilet area was a bit small, but sufficient. We loved the beautiful lobby area with the big screen TV and leather furniture and computer desk with internet access. The breakfast area was nice too and their breakfast food was good. Nice area to have a card game later in the day. The desk clerk was friendly. The only thing I didn't care for was the truck trailor parked out front, on the side of the building. It was obvious that it had been there a while (weeds grown around it. Not a nice sight, but it didn't really detract from our overall positive experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
kansas city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here last weekend on our way to Rapid City. Although we were not there long, we could not have been happier. The room had new Serta Perfect beds, furniture, flat screen tv and a great selection for breakfast. We did not arrive until 11pm, but the lady at the front desk could not have been friendlier. She provided us a lot of info about Mitchell's Corn Palace. Great stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family