“Consistently good”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Taal, Philippines
“Consistently good”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Whenever possible, I always try to book a room with Hampton Inns as I have consistently good experience with the chain. This facility was no exception.

We were on a westward trek towards Mt Rushmore and made a stop in Mitchell from our long drive. Our rooms were clean and the facility was freshly updated. Breakfast was typical of a continental hot breakfast with the exception that this was the only facility of the 5 hotels we ended up visiting during our trip that served bacon. That alone earned the hotel 2 stars in my book! :)

The breakfast staff was very friendly and even provided coloring activity book to my kids for our continuing travels. If I am in the area again, I will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This Hampton Inn does not disappoint. The staff is friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Rooms are well-appointed and comfortable. The exercise room was bright and adequately equipped, with several machines, free weights, and a TV. Breakfast was a bit above the usual motel fare. I would recommend staying here when in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Olathe, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hampton meets my expectations always. I can travel with my little dog. I really like the bed/bedding and pillows. My stays have always had clean rooms and bathrooms. The breakfast is always nice and handy and the coffee is great. Wish you had not closed the one in Manchester TN. We used to stay there for 2 nights every year. I always look for Hampton Inn when we travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wisconsin
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were on A 6 day Bus tour through South Dakota .
This was our first night.
The hotel was clean and modern , centrally located to several restaurants [ which is important when you are not driving yourself ] the rooms had all the amenities.
There was one problem one of the people we were traveling with was using A wheel chair and was able to get into the hot tub but the lift to get him did not work [ luckily there were others to help get him out. ]
The continental breakfast was good just not enough room [ 42 people on the bus plus there other travelers ] It would be nice if there would have been some place just outside to set .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 5, 2013

we are on a east to west coast trip. This was our 4th stop. When we arrived I liked the location and the hotel itself is nice. Staff was friendly up to a certain point. Our A/C stopped working around 7 pm and we advised the front desk. The lady was upstairs right away, tried to reset the unit and also said she would contact maintenance. It never worked right again that night and no maintenance ever came or anything else happened. Well the temperatures outside allowed us to open the window but the storm in the middle of the night did not allow for a good night sleep. We filled out the form for maintenance in the morning and turned it in upon check out. All I got was "oh ok, sorry". Breakfast was good and the person attending to the breakfast was friendly. But the indifference at the check out upset me a lot. The lady that reset the unit for us offered us a 2 queen room but we had booked a King size for a reason. She also said she was full and could not offer us an upgrade. Because of the unfriendliness I received when I gave them the maintenance voucher for the A/C unit we decided for us that we will look for a different hotel next time if we return to the area and to write this review. """IF"" hotel management should read this review please hold the staff that did the check out responsible and not the lady that tried to at least help us in the evening !!!!!!!!! The morning staff responded like we did not matter. Well we will remember that next time we travel and we travel A LOT

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sil P
Emily O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mitchell, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank-you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the A/C and staff issues you encountered during your stay. I am so sorry! We strive to do our best to satisfy all of our guests and I apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation for you. The girl at the desk that morning has only been here a few weeks and we will do some additional customer service training to prevent this from happening in the future.

I would like to make this right for you. Please contact me at mitsd_hampton@hilton.com or 605-995-1575.

Again I apologize for your experience. I look forward to hearing from you!

Emily Oswald
GM
rapid city, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great place to stay. Everyone was so friendly, clean rooms and hotel. The staff was very accommodating, we requested joined rooms, and they made sure we got them. The food was good, and there were places to shop and eat near by. Great experience, I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Easy on and off 90. Several restaurants, gas stations and stores nearby. On what seems to be one of the main drags. Hotel is clean and comfortable. We stopped here on our way to Mt. Rushmore and to see the Corn Palace. Staff was not overly friendly or helpful but we mostly just care about the rooms being clean. Room 301 is a nice spacious room, with 2 queen beds and a sitting area with a couch that a child could sleep on. Bathroom was nice and roomy with plenty of counter space for all our "stuff." Higher-end decor/finishes. First hotel bathroom with exhaust fan in a long time. Unfortunately, 301 faces 90 so truck traffic all night, but it wasn't terrible. What was terrible was the train at about 10:15PM with LOTS of loud, hotel rattling noise for what seemed like about 20 minutes. Our only real complaint, as a family of 4 with two smaller children was the breakfast- breakfast area is far too small. We had to eat standing up, which if you've tried doing with kids under 9, is difficult, kids 5 and under nearly impossible. The usual food choices, and the lady running things was doing her best to keep up, but area for dining is just too small.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family