“Excellent and Very Clean”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mitchell
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Mitchell
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Stay overnight on our way to the Black Hills. Very clean room. Pool was nice. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend staying here. No bed bugs either. Great place

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melissatimm

Reviewed September 18, 2010

Very clean, even luxurious hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the giant TV was fabulous. Staff were great, kiind, professional, and helpful. The pool and water slide were enjoyed by the teens. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bestofbeth2
Reviewed August 29, 2010

WOW what a wonderful time we had here. This is now a must stop when staying in Mitchell. Everthing was nice from the bid pillow top beds to the great pool and a wonderful breakfast witch included a great selection. I would suggest this place to everyone. and p.s. NO SIGNS OF BED BUGS... yep I looked every where in the room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Holiday Inn Express is the only hotel that gets "Excellent" from me. They are very clean and very well run.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Stayed here twice on my trip out west to Sturgis and on the way back home. Nice and clean. Fun time for breakfast, as the little old lady watching the breakfast buffet would sneak off into the back room and take a couple of bites of food and then stop chewing when she would look out the door. That was kind of amusing to watch her eat and pretend not to be chewing when she'd look out the doorway still having food in her mouth. I was sitting by the window and could see her in the back room....lol. Reminded me of a little ground squirrel looking out it's hole. The usual hotel/motel cereal/bagel/juice breakfast with the nasty fake scrambled eggs. Very big flat screen TV in the room was awesome. Water slide and nice big pool were fun. Only downside is that when I checked in the first time having a reservation made with my priority club account, there were no questions asked. However on the return trip using an online priority club reservation, the clerk wanted to see my ID and was a little scrutinzing about it. Could it possibly be that I was dressed up like a biker wearing a STURGIS 2010 shirt, a dew rag, and was riding my Harley Davidson ? I jokingly teased her and asked how come she was asking for my ID when I made my reservation online with priority club ? She told me that they ask for everyones ID. I teasingly replied that I just stayed her 4 days ago and wasn't asked for ID ? She stopped and thought for a second and gave the standard... "I didn't check you in and it's for your own safety that nobody has stolen your credit card".... Oh... Ok... sure... some thief would steal my credit card and amazingly know that I have a reservation at this particular motel and stay here using my credit card. I totally felt like pulling up a chair and watching to see if that clerk asked every single person that checked in for their ID. It would be one thing to walk in the door and ask for a room.. but seriously...... I"m thinking it's because I look like a biker and have a goatee and tatoos ?

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I must admit even though I read the reviews I thought there is no way this hotel is THAT great. I am a believer now. Front desk staff and breakfast staff were excellent and very helpful. I walked into our room and "wow" escaped my lips. No negatives to list.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2010

This Holiday Inn Express had it all, clean, quiet rooms, great amenities, close to restaurants, friendly staff and a good breakfast. A great experience overall and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Mitchell.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple