“Update on AmericInn in Madison, SD”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Madison
St. Paul, MN
“Update on AmericInn in Madison, SD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

After reading the lukewarm (at best) reviews, I was a little nervous about my stay at this hotel, but any reservations were quickly put to rest. The staff was friendly and hellpful, the room was very clean and well-maintained, and the bed was comfortable. A plus was a view of a nice, green field out my window (I was in room 115). I didn't try the breakfast, but had a fridge and microwave in my room. The wifi worked just fine. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I had 115, so the rooms on that side look out onto a grassy field, rather than the parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank XuxaL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sauk Rapids, MN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

If you have to stay in Madison, and are hunting, working construction or the like, this is as good a choice as any. It's centrally located, reasonably quiet, and more or less clean. This Americinn is quite worn and run-down. Towels are threadbare and yellow. Fitted sheets don't fit and pop off during the night. Carpets are threadbare and not exactly clean. The caulking in the bathroom is yellow, cracked and peeling. Lights are dim. Furniture is worn and stained. Smoke from the smoking rooms permeates the hallways and non-smoking rooms. The table and chairs in the room were creaky and uncomfortable. The sink drain was so slow I used the tub tap to brush my teeth. The internet connection is pretty fast. My main objection is the value. If the hotel had bargain prices, I would tolerate all this. For the same price, however, I can find better accommodations in Watertown or Brookings, both of which are less than an hour away (in good weather).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank HojaR
South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

I have been traveling to Madison for over 10 years with my business, and I can tell you Madison really needed a new hotel. I have been staying at the AmericInn now everytime I go to Madison. They have a really friendly staff and they have all the perks you need when you travel, Wireless Internet is important to me and they have it, Their breakfast just keeps getting better, they alternate Biscuits and gravy with Eggs and Sausage. Plus they have Hot Waffles everyday. The indoor pool and jacuzzi is really nice, all though my schedule does not allow me to use it very often. The rooms are quite too so you sleep really good. Very Clean, Very Nice. Prices are fair. I would recommend them to anyone. It is like home away from home

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank richdailey
Prior Lake
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

I am a travel agent - in over 20 years in this industry, I have never had a hotel change rates on me (or my clients) when you arrive at the front desk. This property did!!!
I contacted the property directly as I could not get the nonsmoke rooms guaranteed with my computer system..... So, you are quoted one rate but when you check in- GUESS WHAT? - the rate is higher. As it turned out the suite rooms were only $5.00 more then my newly quoted surprise rate - so we did all change.

My room was filthy too, especially the bathroom. Tub gooey with scum, tub base dirty, large crack in floor with dirt settled in. Photo's coming soon.....
Family members who had another room had a dirty microwave and also a dirty bathroom.
The free continental breakfast - BEWARE here too. I took photos of the milk in the dairy case. It was the mornings of October 6th and 7th and the X date on the milk was September 30th. The morning of the 7th they had put milk with the X date of October 17th in the case - and mixed it amongst the expired milk!!!!! They DID NOT remove the expired milk.
I would have gone to a different hotel but was under the 24 hour cancel penalty.
The older woman at the desk blamed the rate raise on an employee who was no longer there - is that my fault? Also, I could have got the rate in my computer but not the no-smoke room guarantee.
Beware travelers.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — It was pretty bad overall.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Patty S
Madison, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2003

I have had the pleasure of staying at this new property a few times now. Granted there have been the glitches of a new property, in that some of the "extras" needed adjsutments. For a free continental breakfast, for this area they out do themselves, with cereal, bagels, muffins, sweetrolls, and a few other things. However my favorite is the make your own Belgian waffle set up. Big generous fluffy waffles that you know are HOT cause you take them right out of the iron. These things along with the friendly, outgoing, helpfull staff makes this a real delight to visit.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank LMPalmer

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison? Share your experiences!